Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Omega standard - going no hanger question
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried simply cutting off the hanger part from the backplate on the standard Omega backplate? I have an older gen brake (right before the X came out), and I am running a bare cable all the way down. Was wondering if can simply lop off the cable hanger bit since it is not used at all? The 2 plates here look structurally the same.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Last edited by: alex_korr: Nov 7, 18 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega standard - going no hanger question [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You shouldn’t need to. The original Omega Standard came with a removable hanger and a replacement Plate Cap part. So you could convert from one to the other.

Omega X can’t do that due to the nature of the design, which is why we offer the separate NH Plate.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega standard - going no hanger question [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the hanger physically removable from the backplate? Or was it a separate part that was included with the brake? I might have to take a closer look....

Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega standard - going no hanger question [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Is the hanger physically removable from the backplate? Or was it a separate part that was included with the brake? I might have to take a closer look....
Yes, the hanger detaches with two M3 countersunk screws.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega standard - going no hanger question [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you so much!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Has anyone tried simply cutting off the hanger park from the backplate on he standard Omega backplate? I have an older gen brake (right before the X came out), and I am running a bare cable all the way down. Was wondering if can simply lop off the cable hanger bit since it is not used at all? The 2 plates here look structurally the same.

I'm in a same situation just like you. Installed new Omega X brake in the front and I noticed it, but I decided not to bother with it.
I could have bought NH plate which is $60 to remove the hanger part, but I figured it's not worth it.
Who knows? I may change my mind later and buy NH plate if I have some extra cash laying around.
Quote Reply