Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Omega X flexing on direct mount bikes
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of Omega X brakes for my Scott Foil. My previous experience with a Felt DA was very good, but in this case they don't brake as well. The Felt DA was built for single bolt brakes, whereas the Scott is built for direct mount. Googling I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0h1A_6DN1Q Coincidentally it is also a Scott Foil, and you can see how much the brake flexes due to the direct mount adapter.

Has anybody experienced this? Any suggested solutions?
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X flexing on direct mount bikes [ecce-homo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just checked my Speedmax which also has direct mount brakes, there's a little bit of flex but it's very minimal (nothing like the video) and the brakes work very well (also Omega X with adapter).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping up! Anybody can suggest a solution?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
My previous experience with a Felt DA was very good

I'm no help on the direct-mount question, but I'm curious about your DA. Was it just the front, or did you somehow mount an Omega to the rear of the DA? Would love to know more if it's the latter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tririg will release a new brake omega, it's direct mount. I don't know when...
https://www.tririg.com/...Race_Day&num=373
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X flexing on direct mount bikes [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with the DA's rear brake is how lousily bikes are specked. It took me a long time to find out that brakes have different leverage ratios and need matching brake levers. And which lever the DA's brake was designed for. The DA's rear brake works perfect with Dura Ace brake levers, which is what was specked for the higher level models. Mine had a TRP brake lever I believe.

Before finding that:

• I changed the original levers to SRAM levers. Did not work.
  • Changed the brake housing to compression-less, helped a little
  • Tried Problem Solver's Travel Agent, which worked well with the original levers but was very clumsy and introduced some friction.
  • I considered a DIY job to change the brake mounts that is documented elsewhere in this forum

With the Dura Ace levers it worked perfect, so If I where you I would do that.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X flexing on direct mount bikes [euskaltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did not find anything there, where is it posted? Perhaps in a specific picture, perhaps Eneko's. I am sure that with that nick you have insider information. Can you hint us with availability dates, or perhaps if there is going to be an adapter plate for existing brakes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand the difference in the brake levers and tried several of the same steps you did, including considering the magura + adapter install. I wound up with the Bontrager XXX brake levers (due to the ability to adjust cable tension) which I believe have the same pull ratio as the DA's. I just was never a fan of the V-Brake setup and would much prefer a center-pull style brake, like an Omega.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ecce-homo wrote:
I did not find anything there, where is it posted? Perhaps in a specific picture, perhaps Eneko's. I am sure that with that nick you have insider information. Can you hint us with availability dates, or perhaps if there is going to be an adapter plate for existing brakes?

Eneko is riding a new BH frame with disc brakes. The new tririg omega (which will probably be named Omega One I suppose) was on Potts' bike and can be seen in Tririg's facebook and website. We also spoke about it here.

https://www.tririg.com/..._Potts_Ceepo_Viper_R
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=omega#p7057962
Quote Reply