Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Omega X and Shiv Tri
Quote | Reply
I have the original Omega brakes on my Shiv Tri and the wife now wants the updated version on hers.

I am led to believe that the TRP posts have to be removed to allow the attachment of the new adapter.
So my question is - has anyone had any problems removing the posts, are there any tips or tricks.
I am assuming that once I get started I cannot stop or change my mind and, as it’s an S-Works XS frame it could be an expensive and difficult to replace mistake.

Also has anyone installed an Alpha One on a Shiv. I want to put one on wife’s bike at the same time but she is not sure about how it looks!

If so, could they post a picture

Thanks

Coxy
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X and Shiv Tri [coxy_in_nz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, removing those posts are a total PIA. I used a generous amount of PB blaster, a pair of locking pliers, and some elbow grease. Got those fu$#ers off though!
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X and Shiv Tri [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Space Shuttle landing type of operation then - you only get one chance.
Was there any point you thought you weren’t going to succeed?

Coxy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea they’re terrible to get off but the Omega X brakes are totally worth it. I was afraid I was gonna mess my frame up so I took it to the LBS and using a vice they had them off in literally 30 seconds.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X and Shiv Tri [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Understood.

Although it looks like I’m a Kiwi, I’m actually Australian.

Brute force and ignorance are our speciality!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coxy_in_nz wrote:
Space Shuttle landing type of operation then - you only get one chance.
Was there any point you thought you weren’t going to succeed?

Coxy

Na....just lube it up really good, then bang away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really nothing to be afraid of. There is some loctite on the threads, but it's not that difficult to remove them.

The Alpha X looks great on a Shiv. It's relatively easy to modify the original top cap to make it fill the gap behind the stem and fit the stem itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Omega X and Shiv Tri [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a followup to my original post.

Had the opportunity to have a good look at the brake mounting posts and can report that the base of the post incorporates two flat sections that allows the use of a spanner (wrench). Was able to loosen post with no difficulty. For some reason, i thought they were circular for their entire length and would be difficult to remove - they not.

Coxy
Quote Reply