Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tririg Alpha One Loose
Quote | Reply
 I have had these installed since the end of March. The monopost will not stay tight. Very first ride it slipped down. I had it tightened to 9 then. I continued to go a little tighter each time and ride again but still slipped. I’m now at 12 and although it did not slip down it wobbles. I use park tool super grip after trying carbon paste. I checked the screw and it was loose.
I have been in touch with Tririg several times and nothing seems to work. I emailed them this morning and haven’t received a response yet. Only thing I can think of is try some loctite or I have defective bars.
I have a race in 4 weeks and really need this fixed. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha One Loose [Dgreg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have alpha one bars on my Omni. The first bars came with a carbon mono post. He up graded that post to aluminum. The first post wobbled the aluminum one was way better. I have had my post out several times for flying never any issues and it is fully extended with my setup. Sounds like something is out of spec. Do not use locktite. Nick is very good about sorting out problems and usually answers right a way.
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha One Loose [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. Hopefully I can get this worked out before my race. Yes I do have the upgraded post.
Last edited by: Dgreg: Apr 27, 21 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See post #545 in this thread and the few follow up posts after it.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...5BTriRig%5D_P7150548

I had to tighten the hell out of it. Probably about 13 nm.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Apr 27, 21 14:11
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha One Loose [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 That link didn’t work but I found the thread you are talking about.
That might be what I need to do. I sent Tririg a video this morning of it. He told me to try 12 a couple of weeks ago. Maybe he will say try 13 before sending me a replacement. Hopefully just a little tighter will do the trick and not crack anything.
Last edited by: Dgreg: Apr 27, 21 13:56
Quote Reply
Re: Tririg Alpha One Loose [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
See post #545 in this thread and the few follow up posts after it.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ne_-_How_to_purchase

I had to tighten the hell out of it. Probably about 13 nm.

It held at 12 for a few rides but on the trainer this morning I noticed it wobble and when I checked the tightness of the screw it was probably only at 8 nm.
Somehow the screw vibrated loose.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I fixed the link. I hope you get it sorted out. Mine was fine once I tightened the crap out of it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply