Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trinity v P2
Quote | Reply
Hi there.

I'm *thinking* about buying a new TT frame (obvs with the intention of going faster).

I currently have the "old" (2012) Cervelo P2, which I'd replace with a Giant Trinity (which I believe to be the fastest "affordable" option).

Taking into account maybe getting a couple of hundred quid back on the frame, I'm looking at having to drop approx £2k.

Does anyone happen to know where I could find simple data so I can decide whether it's worth the spend?

(I appreciate that £2k could be better spent on wheels / skinsuit / windtunnel / etc etc ... but for the purpose of this I'm working on the basis that otherwise I'm as aero as possible, and am just considering changing the frame).

I have had a good wade through Google and various forums but am really struggling to find anything helpful so hoped you clever oot could help.
Quote Reply
Re: Trinity v P2 [urban_spaceman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No data here, but I have a friend who got new Giant Trinity bike and saw his bike time improved significantly.
He said he loves his new bike. It looks really nice, and he looks comfortable and fast on the bike.
I would say from old P2 to Giant Trinity is worth giving a shot, so go for it.
I ride newer 2016 P2 frame and I like mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Trinity v P2 [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s13tx wrote:
No data here, but I have a friend who got new Giant Trinity bike and saw his bike time improved significantly.
He said he loves his new bike. It looks really nice, and he looks comfortable and fast on the bike.
I would say from old P2 to Giant Trinity is worth giving a shot, so go for it.
I ride newer 2016 P2 frame and I like mine.

+1 :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you are in the UK because you are referring to the prices in pounds but Excel Sports Boulder is blowing out parted out P2 + P3 Framesets right now for $1400. Not sure if they ship cheaply to the UK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
urban_spaceman wrote:
I currently have the "old" (2012) Cervelo P2, which I'd replace with a Giant Trinity (which I believe to be the fastest "affordable" option).

That's a downgrade most likely.

The old P2s are good, and the 2012s have the best fork. You need to have everything else very well sorted (great wheels, cockpit, helmet, suit, aero testing, etc) before you are at the point where upgrading the frame is bang for buck sensible. The easy adjustability of the P2 is a bonus as well. You can even run very low Q cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trinity v P2 [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
urban_spaceman wrote:

That's a downgrade most likely.

The old P2s are good, and the 2012s have the best fork. You need to have everything else very well sorted (great wheels, cockpit, helmet, suit, aero testing, etc) before you are at the point where upgrading the frame is bang for buck sensible. The easy adjustability of the P2 is a bonus as well. You can even run very low Q cranks.

I am a Trinity Advanced Pro owner. I will say that the adjustability of the Trinity in the cockpit region leaves something to be desired. Otherwise, its a fast bike and inexpensive.
Quote Reply
Re: Trinity v P2 [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true of pretty much every "superbike". And it's more fashion than function. The aero difference between a good adjustable cockpit and an integrated proprietary one is trivial.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whichever fits the best. I have a trinity advanced and it is fast. As one user said, not as adjustable as others initially, but the new giant stems add some more stack options. The storage on the bike is really great. But, It still comes down to the engine and fit.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Trinity v P2 [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fit is really a non-issue if the bike is adjustable. Get the length in the ballpark and not too tall, and you're good. Stack can be achieved with aerobar risers. And IMO a series of universal aero riser stems would be nice.... for those who need more stack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly. Especially with superbikes, adjustability can be limited. While stack can usually be manipulated with spacers, there's still a limit to that as well for means bikes. Reach range on the giant is very limited as it has only one sure length.

Something like a P2 is probably much easier to achieve fit since it uses a standard, non-integrated stem. I had blue triad that simply didn't work for me for those reasons. Nice bike, just not for me.

Human Person
Quote Reply