Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys
Quote | Reply
All have a narrow midfoot, which I find feels like a straight jacket around the foot causing pain, but a lot of people love these shoes. They certainly look great.

Alphaflys: amazing bounce, feel better when running fast with good form but once tired feel sloppy. Have had a few pbs in them, until I get the midfoot pain.

Tempos: soo noisy. Nice but gave me knee pain as too much cushioning can cause instability. But they strengthened glutes and gave me a few pbs yet again which great, but had to return due to knees hurting every time I wore these.

Vaporflys: loved these until my midfoot just couldn't take the narrowness if the midfoot anymore.

Those with normal feet will love these shoes, unfortunately I'm not one of those. Out of the three, the Vaporflys will probably last longer, give that forward propulsion feel, still mega light & not noisy, just wish they were wider midfoot and didn't taper in so much.

Toe room in all three is roomy.
Lockdown is good, some might say the upper can strangle the foot too much if you have high volume to your foot as you dorseflex.
Quote Reply
Re: Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys [Nat0109] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Vaporfly did you try? The first or second version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. The Nike Invincible is much different/wider, is all zoom x foam and no plate. Its a comfort shoe and not a racer. I'm liking it. Did you try any of the Saucony Endorphins?
Quote Reply
Re: Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second version
Quote Reply
Re: Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the Saucony Endorphins were nice but felt a lot harder underfoot and gave that midfoot pain. Wondering if it was just my feet, but I don't get this midfoot pain in Vibrams, Vivobarefoot, Saucony A8's racing shoes, and New Balance 590s (discontinued)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for a wider platform check out the new balance rc elite v2

https://www.strava.com/athletes/11645943 https://www.instagram.com/timeforicecream/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try the adidas shoe. Or the Asics one's when they hit the shelves, which should be soon iirc.

361 just released their shoe, haven't tried it on yet, it might fit.

I feel your high volume feet pain though as I can't even get my foot into the Nike tempos, or really most any shoe that has a gusseted tongue

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys [DylanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, will try them, tried the New Balance TC but they were mega narrow midfoot.
Quote Reply
Re: Tried Nike Alphaflys, Tempos & Vaporflys [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah keen to try the Adidas ones, my boyfriend's Adidas made a funny clicking noise though also they look like they haven't finished making them, lol.
Quote Reply