Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tribike--hittting stomach?
Quote | Reply
When riding in aero bars feel absolutly comfortable. no pain anywhere. did a 10 mile tt tonight in a head wind in 22:33. But on the up stroke, I seem to hit my stomach. I'm no fat by any means and the back of my shoulders or neck are never sore. Am I just pulling up to hard? Should I raise my bars up a little? My breathing seems very normal to me. Have been to see Tom Demerly--twice. I guess I never noticed it before--isn't that always the case to never feel it with the expert!!

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Tribike--hittting stomach? [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your seat height and fore/aft position.

For the height measure your inseam and multiply by .883. Measure properly in sock feet, bike shorts, book under the crotch and with an assistant. Assuming you're on a steep angle bike then try raising your seat a cm or so above this for a start. Also play a bit with the fore aft position of the seat. If your aero bars are adjustable you may wish to play with them also.

If this still continues it sounds like something could be way off. Too small a frame size or something. I'd suggest see Tom a third time if it's not a minor adjustment.
Quote Reply
normal [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are comfortable, and the fit is right, hitting your stomach is not that out of ordinary. I find that on my tri bike, I also occasionally hit my stomach with my thigh. Since you have been fit by Tom, i'd just leave everythign as is.
Quote Reply
Re: normal [wilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" "hitting your stomach is not that out of ordinary..... i'd just leave everythign as is. "
I'd have to disagree. Hitting my stomach with my thigh would be an unacceptable annoyance an an indication that something is not quite right. One would assume that the bike was set up right but mistakes can happen with anyone or possibly the seat post or something has slipped. It's worth investigating further IMO.
Quote Reply