Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon suit choice
Quote | Reply
Currently I am using Compressport TR3 Aero Trisuit
I am happy with that and like compression effect on upper legs in those shorts, but I think I could save more watts by using some short sleeved triathlon suit. I also compete in local TTs, do not want to invest in dedicated TT cycling suit so I could use that short sleeved triathlon suit for these also.
Where I live I do not have shops to try and buy so only option is UK or DE online shopping
Currently I am looking on Orca RS1 dream kona or Castelli all out speed tri suit
Anyone has an experience in full IM racing in these?
And also can anyone comment on fit? I am 173cm tall and 68kg that is 150lbs and 68inch. In suits measurements specs I am right between S and M size, but lower body is more like M (I can never wear S shorts because they are uncomfortably tight). Compressport I am also wearing M, but upper of that suit is a bit (but really only a bit) loose, but lower is just right (tight but not too much).
Also can anyone compare padding of the Orca and Castelli tri suits? I really like the minimalist style of Compressport, to be able to run very comfortably. And also what about outside of the padding? (compressport has little rubber bubbles so I do not slide of seat wile riding).
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [hrkama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Desoto, Kiwami, or Roka. I wouldn't look anywhere else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Castelli, I wouldn’t look anywhere else.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very flattered to be mentioned in such company; a testimony to our incessant efforts to improve, innovate and to serve our customers. thanks.

Kiwami North America
http://www.kiwamitri.com
http://www.aquamantri.com
contact@kiwamitri.com
http://www.facebook/kiwamitriusa
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Because the most expensive suits are always the best defacto suits. Don’t question it, just buy it because they tell you to do so. While you’re at it throw Wattie’s latest $500 trisuit in there. What a bargain! Lol! Sure to make you faster and mask the average competitor’s gut. Really tacky looking on a 40 year old too, but hey go for it, because the name makes it cool.

Dilbert wrote:
Desoto, Kiwami, or Roka. I wouldn't look anywhere else.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andre Bennatan wrote:
very flattered to be mentioned in such company; a testimony to our incessant efforts to improve, innovate and to serve our customers. thanks.

I like the look of your short sleeved suits, do you post to the UK/have distribution over this way?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [WoodyES] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can buy Kiwami direct in europe, French company, service and delivery is very good. I'd say you're a medium in the Orca.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon suit choice [sheene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ordered kiwami. Looks nice, You say that it is good. And with kiwami i am right on size M.
Thank You. Did not know that brand existed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great choice, you really can’t go wrong with any of the top brands. Really comes down to fit which it sounds like you’ve nailed and the chamois you prefer.

hrkama wrote:
Just ordered kiwami. Looks nice, You say that it is good. And with kiwami i am right on size M.
Thank You. Did not know that brand existed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can't imagine anything better than the Castelli Free San Remo that I race in. Except maybe their new one. Light years better than the DeSoto I used for a year (although I liked that one at the time). The castelli just disappears, and can wear it up under the wetsuit with zero issues.
Quote Reply