Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlon in the comics
Quote | Reply
The November 16 panel of the widely syndicated "Frazz" comic strip pays homage to Steve Larson, Sheila Taormina, and Tim DeBoom. View it at http://members.comics.com/members/common/affiliateArchive.do?site=sj&comic=frazz. The author is Jef Mallett of Lansing, Michigan, an avid bike racer and triathlete.

Lew
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in the comics [Lew Kidder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eh, it's Larsen. Anyway, Jef is actually a really cool guy. Some people in our office started e-mailing back and forth with him after we saw he put Fraxz in a Cervelo shirt for a few days (and a CSC shirt), and he ended up sending us the original cartoons to hang in our office. How nice is that?

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in the comics [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lew - great comic - I'll print out a copy and give it to Sheila. Z
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon in the comics [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom - An interesting irony of the strip can be grasped by looking at the results of today's Toyota Runner's Classic 10K at DWorld. Conventional wisdom thinks of Sheila as "just a swimmer" - but she ran 34:04 on a less-than-ideal course and out-sprinted Nicole Jefferson for fourth behind two Russians (Ludmila Petrova and Tatiana Khmeleva) and a Brit (Catherine Berry). Jefferson was the bronze medalist in the 5000 meter run at this year's Pan Am Games (15:42). When she started running in 1998, I told Sheila she had the potential to eventually break 33 minutes in the 10K. Most people (including Sheila) thought I was smoking something . . . but she closing in fast now.

Lew
Quote Reply