Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete wins overall in USATF XC club national championships
Quote | Reply
https://ibb.co/X21XJvK

https://results.leonetiming.com/xc.html?mid=1933
Last edited by: STConcierge: Dec 16, 19 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha morgan would probaly tell you it is an triathlete*. Looks like he pretty much set the pace the entire time and dominated the event, as did his team.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Pearson has dual citizenship with Canada."

Too late for Tokyo, but he'd walk onto the Canadian team. But he has an excellent chance to make the US team for Tokyo.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So a 5 time NCAA Indoor/Outdoor All American wins club nationals. Okay?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [Elitist Jerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elitist Jerk wrote:

Yeah, not exactly sure that “triathlon” exactly gets to claim victory here.

Lifetime Runner (Who Does Triathlon) Wins Running Race!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

you guys clearly don't follow track so why are you making such asinine comments? does us all a favor and google hillary bor and lawi lalang and please report back with what you learned about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

you guys clearly don't follow track so why are you making such asinine comments? does us all a favor and google hillary bor and lawi lalang and please report back with what you learned about them.

Competed at the high school and college level. I was on a National Championship team.

Coached cross country and track at the high school level for years. Had many all-state distance runners, including state champions.

Continue to follow the sport closely at the NCAA and professional level.

Please, feel free to make your point though, for us guys who don't know anything about the sport.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

Competed at the high school and college level. I was on a National Championship team.

Coached cross country and track at the high school level for years. Had many all-state distance runners, including state champions.

Please, feel free to make your point though, for us guys who don't know anything about the sport.

you didn't do your homework and report back to us what you should have learned. you obviously don't follow the sport as closely as you claim based on your ignorant posts on here.

btw, what does the fact that you used to coach high school xc runners have to do with anything when you clearly have no clue who was racing and the level of competition yesterday?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

you didn't do your homework and report back to us what you should have learned. you obviously don't follow the sport as closely as you claim based on your ignorant posts on here.

btw, what does the fact that you used to coach high school xc runners have to do with anything when you clearly have no clue who was racing and the level of competition yesterday?

You'll excuse me if I don't bother with your homework. I'm well aware of the WCAP guys and I'm friends with many former members of the program.

Are you suggesting that we aren't giving due credit, based on the strength of the field? Because I certainly don't think that is the case. The point I was making is that this isn't a random triathlete entering Club Nats and winning, thus giving "triathlon" the credit. The reality is that this is a hugely accomplished runner who won a running race. Because, you know, he's a RUNNER.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

You'll excuse me if I don't bother with your homework. I'm well aware of the WCAP guys and I'm friends with many former members of the program.

Are you suggesting that we aren't giving due credit, based on the strength of the field? Because I certainly don't think that is the case. The point I was making is that this isn't a random triathlete entering Club Nats and winning, thus giving "triathlon" the credit. The reality is that this is a hugely accomplished runner who won a running race. Because, you know, he's a RUNNER.

you should do your homework because then you possibly won't come across as ignorant as you do on here.

calling a full-time professional triathlete, who was just 11th at the grand final and who jumped in a xc race in the offseason and beat a very solid field of actual professional runners, a "runner" and not a triathlete, very clearly shows how much your homework assignment would help you make somewhat reasonable comments in the future. so should we be calling all of the other american triathletes who ran in college runners and not triathletes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

If you do a triathlon, you are a triathlete.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
member of Tinman Elite, a running team here in Boulder with strong tri connections.

https://www.tinmanelite.com/meet-our-coaches

Tinman took his name from a triathlon, but he's more a run coach than tri.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

If you do a triathlon, you are a triathlete.

He doesn't just "do triathlon"
He is a professional triathlete in the Olympic USAT programme, therefore he trains full time swim, bike, run not full time run only, nor even dabbling in a bit of swim/bike on the side if his running, but does loads.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [doug in co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morgan was one of the original members of the Tinman Elite after graduating from CU. My understanding is he runs with the Tinman group occasionally but Tinman is no longer coaching him. He gets his workouts from his tri coach.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USATF XC club national championships [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An autobiographical article was posted here a while back along with a thread where he chimed in and answered questions.

https://www.tinmanelite.com/...pursuit-of-greatness

The guy's attitude is impressive and we should wish him the best in his Olympic pursuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
mag900 wrote:
DieselPete wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

you should do your homework because then you possibly won't come across as ignorant as you do on here.

calling a full-time professional triathlete, who was just 11th at the grand final and who jumped in a xc race in the offseason and beat a very solid field of actual professional runners, a "runner" and not a triathlete, very clearly shows how much your homework assignment would help you make somewhat reasonable comments in the future. so should we be calling all of the other american triathletes who ran in college runners and not triathletes?

I don't know what your deal is on this topic, and why you are so needlessly aggressive about it, but you seem really certain that your categorization of this guy as a triathlete rather than a runner is the only correct point of view.

I see a guy that was a very high level runner throughout highschool and university, and for a period after that. He has very solid 5k and 1500m times and was a very strong XC varsity runner. He picks up triathlon two years ago, keeps running (obviously), and now for some reason no one is allowed to call this guy a runner who very recently moved to triathlon.

Am I allowed to call Alan Webb a runner, or do I have to call him a triathlete these days?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USATF XC club national championships [JEI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JEI wrote:
https://www.tinmanelite.com/...pursuit-of-greatness

The guy's attitude is impressive and we should wish him the best in his Olympic pursuit.

thanks for posting that, an interesting read. I remembered his AG win at Omaha once I read it ;-)
didn't realize how far he'd progressed in tri since then.

I wasted my youth on trying to be a good runner, at 6'2" and 160lbs I'd have been much better off working on triathlon - so applaud his decision to focus on tri rather than running, think it is the right one..
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [The Guardian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Guardian wrote:
I don't know what your deal is on this topic, and why you are so needlessly aggressive about it, but you seem really certain that your categorization of this guy as a triathlete rather than a runner is the only correct point of view.

I see a guy that was a very high level runner throughout highschool and university, and for a period after that. He has very solid 5k and 1500m times and was a very strong XC varsity runner. He picks up triathlon two years ago, keeps running (obviously), and now for some reason no one is allowed to call this guy a runner who very recently moved to triathlon.

Am I allowed to call Alan Webb a runner, or do I have to call him a triathlete these days?

The difference is that no one wants to admit that Alan Webb did triathlons based on his results. Morgan, on the other hand, is apparently the one hope for triathletes to feel special in the running world, even though he is a lifelong runner who used his running background to get started in triathlons.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [Jimi Sendrix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In fairness, he swam on a team most of his life (8-17) and was an ocean lifeguard. Still, his ability to make the swim front pack at some WTS races so quickly is really impressive. Plenty of guys doing tri at a high level for a decade aren't doing that.

McElroy was an even more celebrated high school runner - 2nd at Foot Locker, I believe. (Ironically enough, 2nd to Lukas Verzbicas!)

Morgan does triathlon for a living. He is "a triathlete". Morgan was a successful, dedicated single-sport athlete. He was "a runner". Both have merit. Acknowledging that an athlete training full-time for triathlon won a major running event is appropriate, but the story isn't complete unless you acknowledge that the athlete also has legit running credentials.

I don't think it is binary.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete wins overall in USAT XC club national championships [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1....especially on the 'its not binary' (btw one of my favorite phrases)

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply