Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices
Quote | Reply
Just got an email from Triathlete magazine offering a BOGO promo for a subscription. I figured, let's go check it out, and see what it costs. Might be cheap enough.
Rather than start filling up the form I start scrolling ... Promo code ... Your Address ... Recipient Address ... Add Another recipient ... Newsletter Checkboxes ... Payment Options ... Place Order button.

No price whatsoever and the button clearly says Place Order. Not verify order, or something similar. Am I the only one irked by this bs? I was feeling cheery and wanted to check price and potentially buy, but this kind of practice is a dealbreaker for me. Hard pass.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
Just got an email from Triathlete magazine offering a BOGO promo for a subscription. I figured, let's go check it out, and see what it costs. Might be cheap enough.
Rather than start filling up the form I start scrolling ... Promo code ... Your Address ... Recipient Address ... Add Another recipient ... Newsletter Checkboxes ... Payment Options ... Place Order button.

No price whatsoever and the button clearly says Place Order. Not verify order, or something similar. Am I the only one irked by this bs? I was feeling cheery and wanted to check price and potentially buy, but this kind of practice is a dealbreaker for me. Hard pass.

Not sure what you’re talking about? When I go to the subscription page the price is listed under step 3.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For clarification, i clicked on an email link from them for the promo.

Here's my step 3:

TriathleteMaghttps://imgur.com/gallery/9hcSTUj
[/url]
Apologies it's not an embed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
For clarification, i clicked on an email link from them for the promo.

Here's my step 3:

TriathleteMaghttps://imgur.com/gallery/9hcSTUj
[/url]
Apologies it's not an embed

Can you just input the promo code into the normal subscription page? I’m inclined to think it’s a glitch rather than being intentionally deceptive.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:

Got the same email. Equally irked. I did find pricing on the subscription page. But I agree, if you're going to put a "place order" button on a page you have to show the price somewhere.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wcb wrote:
Chan wrote:

Got the same email. Equally irked. I did find pricing on the subscription page. But I agree, if you're going to put a "place order" button on a page you have to show the price somewhere.

Just did JasonHalifax' suggestion and added the promo code there and guess what ...

"The Promo Code You Entered Does Not Exist"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By the way not bashing JH. His explanation makes sense that it could be a glitch rather than purposeful deception.

Just seems they don't really want to sell BOGO subscriptions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
By the way not bashing JH. His explanation makes sense that it could be a glitch rather than purposeful deception.

Just seems they don't really want to sell BOGO subscriptions.

Are you positive that the email is actually from triathlete magazine??

Not saying that it isn’t from them, but working through possible explanations.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triathlete magazine is hollow shell of what it used to be. It has turned into a completely useless rag. Lots of stupid lists and articles and very little decent race reporting or photography. I gave up on it a couple years ago and haven’t missed it one iota.

Quote | Reply
Yeah like a partner or airline miles magazines from United ... I still get magazines from them even though I haven't renewed or use miles to purchase/redeem them.

Anyways email is from newsletter@triathelete.com

I suppose it could be spoofed but doesn't look suspicious at first glance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
Yeah like a partner or airline miles magazines from United ... I still get magazines from them even though I haven't renewed or use miles to purchase/redeem them.

Anyways email is from newsletter@triathelete.com

I suppose it could be spoofed but doesn't look suspicious at first glance.

Check the spelling of triathelete.com.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got it too. Reminded me that I am constantly getting emails from them.

“Unsubscribe”

Done
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
I got it too. Reminded me that I am constantly getting emails from them.

“Unsubscribe”

Done

Is the email from triathlete.com or triathelete.com??

I’m smelling a possible scam.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's my misspelling. Apologies. I wanted to copy and paste from my phone but wasn't working so I had type.

Typo on my end. Email does have right spelling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like they are catering to current triathlon crowd? By the race no thinking, no care for tacked on fees (usat, active, etc)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen this offer. My subscription expired and I've yet to renew. I do miss Lava. I tried their online version, but it didn't work very well for me; I found it difficult to consume in electronic form. It just seems like Triathlete is the same generic stuff every month. I get much better content right here at slowtwitch!

"The first virtue in a soldier is endurance of fatigue; courage is only the second virtue."
- Napoleon Bonaparte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's a magazine?
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
what's a magazine?

Agreed. & why would you buy their magazine when they post most of their articles on Twitter for free.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
casper3043 wrote:
what's a magazine?
The thing people used to get their hobby /interests news from before the internet. I'll pick up some of these magazines I just need to get more plutonium for the DeLorean first.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
casper3043 wrote:
what's a magazine?
The thing people used to get their hobby /interests news from before the internet. I'll pick up some of these magazines I just need to get more plutonium for the DeLorean first.

I thought is was the thing you use to level a treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DeLorean only needs old banana peels, or rotten oranges. Nothing radioactive.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlete Magazine Deceptive Pricing Practices [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Magazines have become too expensive to level a treadmill.
Quote Reply