Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri teams/communities recommendation?
Quote | Reply
Hi all, I am a fairly keen LD triathlete, having started 5 years ago and with a cycling background in my youth, I have improved a great deal and now regularly for World Championships etc. I am struggling because when I first started I joined my local club and learnt lots, but 5 years later turnover has high and essentially 99% of the people in my local club are now beginners. Likewise I coach with Purple Patch, and from a fairly elite group with regular meetings with the head coach etc. the firm has now scaled up and has become a pretty bog standard coaching team with 95% of people turning very after a season or two and mostly discussing topics like how do I use a snorkel and what is a power meter for. It is nice to interact with some keen ST members on here, but the cloak of anonymity usually removes the ability to build relationships compare notes etc. I was wondering if folks on here have any recommendations if there are any "teams" to join where you can meet other like minded competitive folks/kona qualifier types, have a what's app chat, organize race meets etc? I am based in Europe so it has to be global - I have shied away so far from the well teams where you have to apply and basically pay a load of money to race in their kit with little added benefits, but I wonder if there are teams out there which go beyond that.

Many thanks for any thoughts!
Quote Reply