Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suits
Quote | Reply
Ok so which do you prefer

one piece or singlet and shorts

and why?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suits [eric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
singlet and shorts becasue you can pull the singlet up to get some air to the skin

tommy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on the event and the temperatures. I usually wear a one piece for pool events when the temps outside are cool because I've had problems trying to get a shirt on while wet. In warmer weather and open water swims I will usually go with a two piece if I'm wearing a wetsuit. In warm weather and no wetsuit I will just wear shorts only.

All the events I've done are sprints and oly so longer distances may make a difference as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last season I raced in a short sleved bike jersey and shorts. The jersey really wasn't really comfortable under the wetsuit, so I never raced with it there. It was a real pain in the ass to wear - it didn't zip all the way down, so I had to pull it over my head which would inevitably lead to my gu falling out.

This season I am going to try the De Soto power suit. They are on sale right now for around $50 at the Desoto web site. I ran in it the other day and it was pretty comfortable - the zipper goes down pretty far, which is nice when it gets hot.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suits [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that was sort of along the lines of what I was thinking about, Voler sponsors my club and I ordered
one of their new sleveless skinsuits to try it out. Not 100% sold on the concept but I thought I'd give it a try.

Really want to hear some more feed back on likes and dislikes on both styles of gear

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"on your Left"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we did a thread on this a few weeks ago---cant remember the title of it.

I've done both. Im back to the 2 piece. I wanted to use the Lycra Power as used in the Desoto Power shorts, but didnt like the looks of the desoto one piece (plus everyones got it).

The downside of the fullsuit? I dont really have a belly, but the suit i used pressed on what i do have and if i was already feeling nauseous this didnt help. Cant customize looks, sizes etc. If the top rips the whole thing is ripped. Tougher to pee, not impossible at all, just a little tougher.

Benefits? If you grab it, you got it---meaning its possible to grab your shorts and forget your top. Keeps the sun off the little piece of skin above your waist. You could pull it down, if it got way too hot (this is the reason i went to a fullsuit, but never actually pulled it down midrace."

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suits [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the De Soto Powerskin (neck to knee) for about two years. Though the only races I've done so far are Olympic Distance and Sprints. It's mainly all about what you prefer.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why I prefer a one piece suit over shorts and a singlet, but I would say its just the feel of just having one thing on and that's it. I don't swim with a wetsuit, so that could factor in to why I prefer these kinds of suits, and it feels very nice while running and on the bike as well.

I would just say before you judge a full suit you have to atleast try them out. Yeah, they're diffrent than the other things out there, but that doesn't mean that don't work.

(Has anyone worn any of the Fastskin tri suits? I'm thinking about getting one just becuase of the swim. I won't go into detail, maybe later, but the fabric is the fastest on the planet. Even faster than a wetsuit. I've done studies, haha.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I race in a one piece suit whenever possible but will also occasionally wear tri shorts and a singlet. It depends on the event.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually a one piece - better coverage, more comfortable, doesn't move around as much under a wetsuit. For Oly and under I might go two piece, esp. if it isn't wetsuit legal (line NYC last year).

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not flexible or coordinated enought to get a shirt on a wet body. I hate running without a shirt - gut/sun burn issues. I wear a singlet or jersey under a wetsuit but if it is hot it is a pain.

Thinking of getting a one piece. Tried several and the desoto felt and fit best.
Quote Reply