Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri store in Seattle
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Seattle today. Anyone has a recommendation for a good tri store? And while you're at it, a good running store?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri store in Seattle [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Shop:

Speedy Reedy

http://www.speedyreedy.com/

-located right along a bike path so you can test out some sweet rides.

Running Shop:

Seattle Running Company

http://www.seattlerunningcompany.com/

-I can't recommend them more highly. Absolutely incredible people that work there. Ultrarunning affiliation and hold a lot of local races.

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy Reedy

http://www.speedyreedy.com/ (Their web site is a little dated but they just moved into a brand new location)

Contact or visit us at:
(206) 632-9879
1300 N Northlake Way Seattle, WA 98103
Email: info@speedyreedy.com
Store hours:
Monday: Closed
Tue-Fri: 10am-7pm
Sat: 10am - 6pm
Sun: 12pm - 5pm
If they don't have the selection of running stuff you have in mind check out:
Seattle Running Co (Capitol Hill)
Super Jock & Jill (Green Lake/not too far from Speedy Reedy)

Travis
dumb blog
Last edited by: SeattleTK: Aug 6, 09 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forget Tri. get a sandwich from Paseo's in Fremont, then drive down to Pioneer Square and get a sandwich from Salumi.

Seriously though. Two tri stores in Seattle that I know of are triumph multisport in Leschi (next door is a bike shop called Il Vecchio, which is a good shop for some Randoneuring (SP?) eye candy). the other store is Speedy Reedy in Fremont. There are a couple running stores in Greenlake but I can't recall their names. If you look up greggs cycles and get their address the running stores are just down the street from it. I've mentioned this before but my French co-workers say pretty good things about Cafe Presse on Capitol Hill if you're homesick.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri store in Seattle [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were homesick, I could just move back to France :)
But I sure don't mind good food...Is pike's market interesting during the
week or is it just weekends?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just took a vacationing friend there a couple weeks ago on a Thursday and it was packed. Its good for a walk through, definitely as its not out of the way. I'm not kidding about Paseo in Fremont (close to speedy reedy). Best sandwich I've ever had. I hear you about being homesick. I do believe they carry hard to find French periodicals, but I'm not sure. Give me a shout if you're in Redmond ever.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri store in Seattle [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like Apple. I refuse to go to Redmond for any reason :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AT&T actually occupies several buildings in Redmond and the iPhone is managed out of Redmond so there you go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Concur on all recommendations. Having recently relocated from Seattle, I cannot recommended a better lunch spot than Paseo (best cuban pork sandwiches I've ever had), Speedy Reedy for all things bike/ multisport related, and Seattle Running Company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really should get up to Vancouver B.C. at some point Francois!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said Speedy Reedy is the place to go for all things tri related. Just down the road is Gregg's Greenlake Bicycles and Super Jock and Jill is a good running store, which is right next door to Gregg's.

The Pike Place Market is always a good place to visit, probably better during the week when it is not as crowded. On a personal note my Grandfather started the Pike Place Market and you will see the name Desimone all over the place down there. Definatley a source of family pride. Have fun on your visit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! We don't bite over here on this side of the lake!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedy Reedy is the tri store for sure. Triumph Multi-sport is nice, but it is much smaller and doesn't have the selection.

I'll echo a few others- Seattle Run Company is a good store, I like them a lot. I just went into Super Jock and Jill in Greenlake for the first time and was very impressed. They have a lot more selection than SRC, but the employes at SRC are better organized & knowledgeable.
Overall, I'd take SRC, but J&J isn't anything to laugh at.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The market is good any day (I work a couple of blocks away). There is a cruise ship in town so it might be a little crowded. As for running stores I like Sound Sports which about 4 blocks from Pike's market. Seattle Running Company is good too.

John
Quote Reply