Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri shops in Houston area?
Quote | Reply
I have just returned to triathlons after a long break (this time I'm bringing the rest of the family with me!). It seems like my favorite tri-friendly bike shops have all closed. Does anyone know where I can get triathlon gear in the Houston area, especially clothes?

The only shop I have found so far is https://www.trutrisports.com/ It looks good but I live in south Houston so it is a two-hour drive for me. Is there anywhere else in the area?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shops in Houston area? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bike Barn has several shops around town. Primarily a Trek dealer, they also sell Specialized. They are not a triathlon shop but do stock some bikes, gear and clothing.

Daniel Boone Cycles in mid-town used to have tri bikes but I have not visited this shop for years.

West U Cycles near Rice University used to carry some tri stuff, again I have not visited this shop for years now.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think TruTri is the only true triathlon (see what I did there?) store left in the Houston area. Great for those of us on the NW side but otherwise not time efficient for those not in this part of town.

That stated, there's this thing called the internet where you can buy clothes and it has about a million times more choices. ;-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the trutri folks are nice people. i recently wanted to try a different bta solution for a sprint a couple of months ago. i called them up and bought it over the phone and they held onto it for me. i know thats not a big deal, but im so used to buying EVERYTHING online, the last minute decision made the online option not an option. they hooked me up.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TruTri is probably the only tri specific shop. Bicycle World calls itself a multi sport shop. They do have some stuff, but it's not a dedicated tri shop. Bike Lane up by the woodlands is the same. They've got clothing and some accessories, but mostly a bike shop. Now if you are shopping for a bike, my experience has been to check Bike Lane, Bicycle World and Tru Tri in that order. But outside of bikes, TruTri has more stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Johnny Z’s Powerhouse Racing :
18201 Egret Bay Blvd a, Houston, TX 77058
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shops in Houston area? [mikealva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike Lane in the Woodlands has the largest selection of tribikes in town, as well as a lot of tri-specific accessories.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shops in Houston area? [dktxracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dktxracer wrote:
Bike Lane in the Woodlands has the largest selection of tribikes in town, as well as a lot of tri-specific accessories.

"go see ken."

bike lane will also work with you on price a little bit. sticker price on the bike doesnt mean thats what they will sell it for and they are up front about that too.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Tri shops in Houston area? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
go see ken."

bike lane will also work with you on price a little bit. sticker price on the bike doesnt mean thats what they will sell it for and they are up front about that too

Always give Ken a shot to quote you a bike if hes got it. Granted I live close enough, so if I go in and he's not there, I'll go back when he is. Bought a felt b12 and a cervelo r3 from him and he took 1k and 1.5k off each respectively. Only reason I didn't buy my IA16 from him was because they quit carrying Felt. Bicycle World cut me a good deal on the IA16, but it was last years model. Ken will do it on pretty much anything it seems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Webster Bicycles.
Quote Reply