Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri cycling shoe Fit
Quote | Reply
I've worn my new size 45 Garneau's for 3 rides and love the extra room compared to my old size 43 cycling shoes which really cramped my feet but did perform well for me for 3 years or so. But I'm worried the c. 1/4" (7 mm) extra space in front of my 2 bigger toes is excessive (while wearing thick socks). On the other hand the velcro straps hold my feet in place well and I don't feel them moving around. And I've heard that feet get longer(!) as one ages through the 60's (I'm 63 now).

However I'm afraid that in a race (with no socks after the swim) that the extra space will be a real problem.

Would I be better off with size 44 if they are a tad tight? One size for workouts and another for races?

Buying online makes it tough and a well-stocked brick & mortar is far away (and probably non-essential).
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe Fit [lombardi3g] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sizes are almost meaningless. For Serfas and Venzo, a size 42 fit me well. For Peral Izumi, a 42 was way too tight, and I had to go with a 44.

When choosing a size, keep in mind that you have to be able to get them on and off quickly, ideally while riding the bike. Having shoes that are a little bit large might help with that.
Last edited by: Fredo_Adagio: Apr 9, 20 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: Tri cycling shoe Fit [Fredo_Adagio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then maybe these 45's ARE ok. I have rode up to an 8% grade but no ride over 15 miles. My feet don't move around in the shoes. That's with thick socks. I'll have to try barefoot but I only do that for 15 miles or less in a sprint tri. THANX.
Quote Reply