Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri bike/frame to help hip flexors?
Quote | Reply
If your tight hip flexors were an issue. And, if a road bike still didn't open up your hips enough.

Would the geometry of a tri bike set up as a road bike provide more relief for your hip flexors? How would you go about this if your answer is yes?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike/frame to help hip flexors? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive never heard this justification to buy a tt bike, pretty creative 😉

What is your hip flexor issue exactly? Are you sure its tightness and not seat height (hamstring) or sacroiliac joint related?

Road biking hip extension angle is less than standing, so if you can stand hip extension isnt a limiter

Tt position opens your hip up even less so would be a work around not cure

If its muscle tightness have you considered iliopsoas musclew stretches? Yoga cobra style and lunge style stretches? Physiotherapy pnf quadricep stretches?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike/frame to help hip flexors? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:
Ive never heard this justification to buy a tt bike, pretty creative 😉

What is your hip flexor issue exactly? Are you sure its tightness and not seat height (hamstring) or sacroiliac joint related?

Road biking hip extension angle is less than standing, so if you can stand hip extension isnt a limiter

Tt position opens your hip up even less so would be a work around not cure

If its muscle tightness have you considered iliopsoas musclew stretches? Yoga cobra style and lunge style stretches? Physiotherapy pnf quadricep stretches?

Yes to doing exercises. There's quite a bit of good advice on ST and some of it's working. Stretching everyday and doing some PT on days when I swim/lift. The exercises do help. Even resting lol

What seems to trigger me over the years are hills/intensity while on the bike.

So if I'm already riding a road bike to open up the hips, I'm wondering if the geometry of a tri bike with road handle bars would open those hips up even more? I'm trying to conceptualize it as rotating the body forward which might also make me more aero even in an upright position.

Thank you for your ideas.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri bike/frame to help hip flexors? [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure a specific frame would solve your issue, selecting a shorter crank and moving to a big ring with less teeth would be the most effective approach IMO.

Professional interests in Genomics, Bioinformatics, Hardware/Software interfaces, sports interests are running from 800 to half marathon, sprint tri to half iron, cycling road races

https://brave.com/ - A safer and faster way to browse the web
https://www.strava.com/athletes/3757906
Quote Reply