Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bike Fitting So. Cal.
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I’ve been a lurker for a while, during which time I’ve begun the process of being indoctrinated into the cult of “bike fit” that’s so prominent on this page. I’m in my first Tri season and am thinking about getting a tri bike later in the season if I really like the sport.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some of the better shops for fitting tri bikes in Southern California. Also, if you could mention which dealers that are good at tri bike fitting also sell Cervelos, I’d appreciate it.

Finally, if anyone could tell me how the bike year models work (e.g. when will the 2004 bikes start coming out, when they will start discounting the 2003s) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris A
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike Fitting So. Cal. [Chris A] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumor has it there are a bunch of guys who know a little something about bike fit over in Xantusia, (30 miles from Edwards AFB) right this minute. Maybe they're looking for subjects :). You can even get up close and personal with Mr. Cervelo himself.

I'm not from the area (in fact I'm freezing my balls off over in Michigan right now), so I can't help you, but Dan has a listing of tri-bike dealers somewhere on this website. Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try Cycle Edge in Laguna Hills. Ask for Hank, but wait until the FIST school is over: He's here right now.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would recommend Hank Iglesias of Edge Cyclesports in Laguna. He is one of the nicest guys in the world and is up at Dan's bike fitting clinic right now. http://www.edgecyclesports.com/

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike Fitting So. Cal. [Mark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second (actually "third") the Edge Cyclesports referral. Them boys know what they be doin'...

However, there have got to be knowledgable, skilled people closer to you in LA. Find the LA Tri Club website and e-mail your question to someone there.

But, again, Edge Cyclesport is the place to go in Orange County. It's right near the I-5/405 merge as you drive south...

Quote | Reply
I think its worth the drive to OC. I have no experience with Edge but if anyone likes them for fit it probably makes them better than Helen's or Santa Monica Supergo (the two recommendations you'd probably get from LATriClub). Both Helen's and SM Supergo are decent sales and service shops but I wouldn't trust either to fit me. I was disappointed in the fit setup I got from Helen's and I didn't even trust Santa Monica Supergo enough to let them try. I think the other Supergos (Laguna and SD) might be better but Laguna Supergo is right near Edge and if you're near Supergo's SD store, you're probably near B&L or Nytro.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bike Fitting So. Cal. [Rich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no problem spending the time driving to OC or San Diego to insure that I get a good fit when I decide to drop the cash on a new tri bike.

Rich, have you had a bike fit since you bad experience w/ Hellen's. If so, where did you end up getting your bike fit at?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Zombies in Santa Monica or Manhattan Beach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To summarize pretty much everyone else:

If you're in L.A. and want to buy (i.e. through the discounts of L.A. Tri Club), go to Helen's and/or Supergo.

If you want to get fit, go to Tri-Zombies.

If you want the type of service that has people coming UP from San Diego, DOWN from L.A., and OVER from Riverside, go see Hank at Edge.

If you're south by San Diego, you have the option of Nytro, B&L, and the "coming soon" Bicyclesports/San Diego (and I believe Dave Bunce from Shreveport will be there when it opens).

I live right by the Supergo in Laguna Hills, and they still have some good mark downs on general products, but I wouldn't trust them to do a fitting for me (even if they do have racks full of Cervelo's and Kestrel's).

~ Craig

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply