Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri Bar Extension Options ???
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

I'm just in the process of building up my new TT bike, but am struggling with extensions and don't want to turn things into an expensive, I now have lots of tri bars experiment.

I've found that if I fit my USE carbons extensions (20 degree ones) the wrong way around, they feel pretty comfy, although I obviously can't ride like this as the clamp would probably break them as it's right next to the cable entry hole.

Not sure I'm ready to go the praying mantis style yet and my last bike had similar 20 degree extensions.

What are my options?

Thanks,

Pat.

Last edited by: Avoneer: Nov 19, 18 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Tri Bar Extension Options ??? [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're willing to go aluminum either the zipp vuka 70 or 110 could be good options. I got my 110s for less than $70 on ebay and they're great.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheapest hack fix option, find a piece pipe (pvc might work but I'd consider an aluminum pipe personally) as in insert in the area of the where the openings are for the cable routing/clamp area which will act as reinforcement to bear the loads better. You might have to sand it down to get it to fit though as it'd be pretty tough to find a pipe with the exact ID you'd want to press fit it in there (and if your extensions aren't smooth or inconsistent surface on the inside you might have fitment issues).

Another is to find the same style extensions made for clip on bars (that don't have any openings slotted in for cable routing for shifters). Then drill/file/grind out your own slots (if necessary) for cable routing.

Or make your own as there exists aluminum pipe in the exact diameter (or pretty darn close) and get them bent to your desired angle/dimensions. Somebody on here posted about doing a similar quasi-mantis position buying their bar (aka pipe) stock from McMaster-Carr and bending it.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Nov 19, 18 15:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might see this thread....cyclenutnz posted a long list of extension dimensions...maybe you can find one that matches your test setup.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6792463#p6792463
Quote Reply