Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TriRig arm cup wedges???
Quote | Reply
I have the Alpha X setup and have adjusted the aero bars to the max angle. The arm cups however really could use their own additional adjustment to increase the angle - right now I have way more pressure on the back edge of the cups. Does anyone make wedges that can be inserted under the cup for this???
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig arm cup wedges??? [MadisonMark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looking at their tech document of the alpha X it looks like the spacers have a specific bottom shape, although it looks like the top of them is flat.
You might be able to use some generic angled spacers ON TOP of the specific spacers to give you that tilt.

Otherwise, you could have someone with some 3d printing experience make some specific to the X, but they'd need a few measurements.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a kit coming very soon. You can see it on the Scoops Ultimate page - http://www.TriRig.com/scoops - that kit will be available in the coming months for purchase separately.

At present, I think a couple other folks make something similar. There’s a link to one such place on the Scoops page above.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig arm cup wedges??? [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo! Exactly what I was hoping for. Will you have pre-order options for these or just wait for them to be available? As long as they are out and on my bike by spring I'll be happy 😁
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We will just sell them when they are ready. No ETA, but by spring is very likely. Keep an eye out for that announcement!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
google skate wedges. I've used them...cheap and lots of degree choices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's a long and old thread about this that I read through just yesterday. One of the common feedback was if the scoops were not tilted you only have contact on 1/3 to 2/3 max of the entire arm cup. Mainly because your hands will need to tilt up especially if you are using a J-bend or S-bend type extensions. A third party wedge was the workaround. Some used stake wedges and some used the black bolt type plastic that came with the scoops.

I purchased a 15 degree wedge from Areocoach since they are one of the companies that offered a horizontal wedge. I am using a PD front end (basebar, riser and extension bracket) and the bracket holes goes East-West. Even the angled wedges that Tririg will come up with won't work with the PD and similar cup brackets.

I was able to make it work with the PD bracket, Aerocoach wedge and Scoops (tilted the from end of the scoops a bit inward as well) and able to achieve contact on 90%-95% of the scoops. Great support, great weight distribution and comfortable. I wish the pads were a bit thicker though.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig arm cup wedges??? [jeyps11_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the CeeGees version of the pads. They’re not thick like other CeeGees, but they’re still great, IMO.

https://ceegees.com/...-scoops-closedbacks/
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig arm cup wedges??? [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new thinner CeeGees pads are fantastic
Quote Reply