Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig Scoops Ultimate
Quote | Reply
I know the website says Feb for availability. Does anyone have any more info than that? Has anyone used them? Thoughts on comfort and adjustability?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [USATRI2722] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USATRI2722 wrote:
I know the website says Feb for availability. Does anyone have any more info than that? Has anyone used them? Thoughts on comfort and adjustability?
Well, WE don't have more info than that. So I doubt anyone else does. None have shipped yet. We are hoping to have some news in a couple weeks. Sorry for the delay!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Nick,

Wondering if you have any updates on the scoops ultimate in terms of availability. I know supply chain lead times are absolutely crazy right now but am jonesing to get my hands on a pair of the scoops ultimate.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [forshy0516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am curious if anyone has these yet? I remember the pre order saying April delivery, but I am wondering if they are being held up due to possible patent issues? When designing my new stuff trying to be unique and different for our upcoming CSR plus, I found the scoop dangerously close to LOOK patent(which BTW just released publically around the time scoops were released, so understandable to not know), so unsure if there were any issues or not, so wondering if that might be the hold up since I would assume manufacturing timewise, they should be ready by now.

So, has anyone who pre ordered received yet?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s the CSR plus? I know about the normal CSR
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Under development. 1 piece bar/extension
Applying patents, starting to cut molds soon
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got mine and I'm pretty sure a batch has been shipped out to customers as well!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there a spot to feed any shifter wires from the bottom of your extension through the scoop??
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean from outside of the actual 22.2mm extension into the Scoops? If so, no.

The shifter wire needs to run through the extension before heading out the back/inside/bottom of the Scoop to exit. But you could always just run an external shifter wire/cable through a hole in the extension to make it internal before running it through, right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are your wires in that pic?

So the wire runs inside the extension and to the bottom of the extension and then where does it go? Is that wire inside the scoop?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Oct 22, 21 11:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to get some other photos but tough to get good ones. The internal channel runs about 1/2 to 2/3 the length of the Scoop and then exits on the inside there. Then I just have it hug the scoop and dragonfly until I can run it down the back of the monopost in to the stem cover.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got it-thanks!

how are you liking them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love them, and we've got them on Summer's bike now also. At first I was a bit worried they would be too long for her, but it ended up being perfect with pretty much the minimum extension bit at the end (if you want a bend). The contact area isn't necessarily that much different from the normal Scoops, but I have to imagine the aero profile is better, especially when I was running some extra armpad tilt, further separating my wrists from the extensions.

Summer was also able to improve her position with them, adding some reach and tilt, and then compensating by adding a bit of stack height. More comfortable and more eyeball aero.

My other concern was narrowness with a BTA but as soon as I made this super spaced BTA with the xlab spacers, I realized I should have done this years ago. So much comfier with the bottle above the forearms rather than squeezed between.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for update! looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I tried to get some other photos but tough to get good ones. The internal channel runs about 1/2 to 2/3 the length of the Scoop and then exits on the inside there. Then I just have it hug the scoop and dragonfly until I can run it down the back of the monopost in to the stem cover.

Thanks for adding these pictures. One thing that stood out to me is your modified dragonfly (i.e. without the extension mounts). Is that included with the Scoops Ultimate purchase, or is it available otherwise? I don't really want to have the extension mounts just hanging out there with nothing in them.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Two new dragonfly options that are available for purchase separately: one with the BTA mount ($275) and one without ($250). Before I knew this existed I was probably going to just chop off the extension clamps on my aluminum dragonfly. That would still be pretty much the same thing but this is obviously cleaner.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those look great, and I'm extra excited they would allow me to keep my eTap blipbox mounted there with the BTA version. Are they actually available on the TriRig site yet? I can't seem to find them in the spare parts section, the Alpha One page, or the scoops page.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [SN95NIK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeahhh that's one of the things they're still working on with the website, creating listings for all spare parts. If you want one, send an email to info@tririg.com and they can create a custom invoice for you!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ben, just got a set of these and running the same 2 button shifters. On the photo, how did you get the cable to run inside the extension bar - I can’t see it go inside. On another photo you can see the slot on the extension with the expander bolt visible, and no wire, so I am curious how you set it up. Is it possible do you know to put the shifter directly into the scoop without an extension?
Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I love them, and we've got them on Summer's bike now also. At first I was a bit worried they would be too long for her, but it ended up being perfect with pretty much the minimum extension bit at the end (if you want a bend). The contact area isn't necessarily that much different from the normal Scoops, but I have to imagine the aero profile is better, especially when I was running some extra armpad tilt, further separating my wrists from the extensions.

Summer was also able to improve her position with them, adding some reach and tilt, and then compensating by adding a bit of stack height. More comfortable and more eyeball aero.

My other concern was narrowness with a BTA but as soon as I made this super spaced BTA with the xlab spacers, I realized I should have done this years ago. So much comfier with the bottle above the forearms rather than squeezed between.

Ben how did you make the above the arm bottle holder please?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like these spacers. I just bought some now.

https://xlab-usa.com/shop/spare-parts/166-aero-spacers.html?search_query=spacers&results=14
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cielo wrote:

https://xlab-usa.com/shop/spare-parts/166-aero-spacers.html?search_query=spacers&results=14
Yup! Plus a few long bolts I picked up at home Depot.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Scoops Ultimate [cielo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cielo wrote:

AWESOME

Thank you

What bolt/screw do you plan on using?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really good

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are you using for a computer mount on that SL setup?
Quote Reply

Prev Next