Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig Omega One
Quote | Reply
TriRig just dropped their new Omega One brake! Excited to get my hands on this to test out the differences to the prior Omega’s, though I do prefer to use the brakes as little as possible typically.

“It retains the snap-on magnetic front plate, individual per-side brake centering controls, and the same wide-standard compatibility with our unique DM adapter. But at the same time, we increased pad reach range, tire clearance, system stiffness, and braking modulation.”

https://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=OmegaOne

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a little confused about "the data" because it says they tested the Omega One on a P3 and Omni in the wind tunnel. And they have the pictures of the new brake in the wind tunnel. But I can only find graphs for the prior Omega (with February, 2019 dates).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've done a nice job with the design of that. It looks to be a nice step forward from the old one. Just a damn shame that they're bringing this in at a point when their likely market is going to be progressively moving to disc brakes. A year or two ago would have been much for better for them I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
I'm a little confused about "the data" because it says they tested the Omega One on a P3 and Omni in the wind tunnel. And they have the pictures of the new brake in the wind tunnel. But I can only find graphs for the prior Omega (with February, 2019 dates).
Those graphs, those images, and that testing was indeed done with Omega One. We just kept it under wraps until now.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
trail wrote:
Those graphs, those images, and that testing was indeed done with Omega One. We just kept it under wraps until now.

Ah, makes sense, thanks. The year and a half lag just threw me off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice work on the next evolution.

Every iteration has been a marked improvement imo, looks like this one follows the trend.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
trail wrote:

How does it compare to the original TriRig Omega/ TriRig Omega X?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:

Here's the original 'white paper'.The original omega claimed a small increase in CdA (~0.0012, vs. a brake-less fork). The new omega one claims a small decrease in drag (0-10g, vs. no front brake).

Beautiful brake. ...Just wish the the benefit/cost ratio was higher.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
echappist wrote:

Here's the original 'white paper'.The original omega claimed a small increase in CdA (~0.0012, vs. a brake-less fork). The new omega one claims a small decrease in drag (0-10g, vs. no front brake).

Thank you.

ETA: it would seem that this is better than the Omega X by 0.002 m^2 in CdA (6 g at 30 mph is 0.0005 m^2, plus 0.0012 )? If so, that's not to be sniffed at. I'll take a 0.002 reduction any time.
Last edited by: echappist: Nov 16, 20 10:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have they been approved by UCI rules and standards ?

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [louisn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing a shaded out photo of these when TR released the Delta, and I actually wrote to TR and asked what the brake was. Well, fast forward to today, and here they are reality.

I just ordered a pair!!

Nick, I look forward to these awesome looking brakes and will definitely offer a review of them once I receive them.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah shiiiiit.

I was just complaining to myself how I hate the modulation of the old omega compared to a standard ultegra brake. Hoping this is better

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
trail wrote:

...and the other thing that threw me off was the graph titles all just say "Omega" vs. "Omega One"...tiny thing, but I'd suggest adding the "One" in someone's spare time just so graphs that get posted here or elsewhere don't confuse this new one with prior iterations.

Edit: Great product, and I'll eventually end up buying these.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 16, 20 14:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks amazing! I'm sure it would look good on my Felt AR. I just wish it's price wasn't as much as half of my monthly salary (3rd world problems).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question: will I be able to mount these up to my last generation Shiv Tri? (the one with the bladder in the down tube)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks nice, Nick.

Can you share the height (mounting bolt to cable stop) of the One compared to the X (including cable hanger)? I have the X under the BB on my P5 and it's tight with the cable bend, don't want it any higher to increase the bend.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Question: will I be able to mount these up to my last generation Shiv Tri? (the one with the bladder in the down tube)
Yes! It will fit the shiv tri (rim).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a pair to put on my bike. I’ve been hanging off for a while but didn’t need a new set until now as my old frame is coming back from the painter to sell so I’ll transfer the old model across. The biggest thing I am excited about is the old model when placed behind the bottom bracket had the tendency to fill with grit on wet days and sometimes the brake wouldn’t fully return and I would get brake rub. This design looks a lot better bravo! I’ve been hanging off since seeing it on Andy Potts bike in Kona 2019...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Looks nice, Nick.

Can you share the height (mounting bolt to cable stop) of the One compared to the X (including cable hanger)? I have the X under the BB on my P5 and it's tight with the cable bend, don't want it any higher to increase the bend.
That dimension got a little bit shorter, specifically to help with those kinds of fringe cases. It’s currently about 42mm, down from about 46mm on the X-series.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
echappist wrote:

To be fair, it’s “only” $10 more than the previous version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Certainly looks cool.

Happy to hear they are stiffer, too. X wasn't terrible but not great in that regard.

Too bad there is still no toe adjustment :( Both our bikes with Omega X are slightly toed out, which is the opposite of what I'd want. Has the fixed angle been changed at all?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:
Yes! It will fit the shiv tri (rim).

Direct mount or adapter like the Omega X?

Can you direct mount this brake to any bike? Like the Orbea Ordu? I kind of have a thing for direct mount...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Omega One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It mounts using a single bolt attachment, same as the previous version. So on the Ordu (OMP), it does attach with a direct single bolt attachment. On something like the Shiv Tri (rim), you’d use the DM adapter.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I gotta say that this is an incredible looking brake. Earlier versions of the omega were a big step forward, but this simply blows everything previous right out of the water. It is really remarkable, that with all of the resources and deep pockets of the big bike component manufacturers, a brake this impressive is instead created by a small US shop.

Congrats on this, very very cool.

Would love to try them out. I can't tell, is there a way to adjust brake pad toe-in or toe-out angle?

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can it be mounted to road bikes?

UCI legal?

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply

Prev Next