Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any chance to offer a alpha x and steam deal early on?

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Alpha X comes with a stem. It is a complete cockpit.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it does not... read under the purchase information.. I even asked nick that question
  • Order includes everything shown, including aerobar, all adjustment hardware, and BTA mount.

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you look at the pictures, the stem and aerobar are a single piece, like the 3t ventus or Zipp Vuka stealth. The Sigma X appears to be a standard stem that copies the design of the stem section of the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [neutron95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh i did not even see that

thanks

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [neutron95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
neutron95 wrote:
If you look at the pictures, the stem and aerobar are a single piece, like the 3t ventus or Zipp Vuka stealth. The Sigma X appears to be a standard stem that copies the design of the stem section of the Alpha X.
Yes, that's correct - the Alpha X is a bar/stem combo (so as far as a "deal" goes, I guess you could say we include the stem for free!) I don't recall being asked that question specifically, as ck21trhc said. We try to make that explicit in the opening lines of the Alpha X description, that it's a bar/stem combo. But I can add a note to the purchase info section as well.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
have to ask, it may have already been asked, but how secure are the magnetic covers on the omega x? ie, what's it take to knock them off and lose them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
it does not...

Do you believe me now? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flex coming from bars or stem? What stem do you have?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
have to ask, it may have already been asked, but how secure are the magnetic covers on the omega x? ie, what's it take to knock them off and lose them?

I don't know how secure they are, but I do know that nothing functional will go wrong if you do lose them.

They don't guide or hold the wedge or arms any more.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dirt, grime, aero would be the concerns as well as the cost of replacing if this is something that is going to fall off, (ala those giro helmet issues some folks had with the magnetic visors) or get knocked off when scrubbing tire with glove(hand up against brake) after running over sharp gravel/glass

I am just curious. i'd see this as a good improvement for the rear brake on my bike, whereby I could actually adjust the pad location for different tires(training/racing) for the resultant distance change in the horizontal dropouts of the wheel.(being able to move pads up and down on the arms) currently, it requires removing brake from frame to adjust this or buying a training tire that is closer to height of racing tire(which might not be ones first choice)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I understand. I'm going to be testing one soon and I can roundhouse kick it and stuff and see

jeffp wrote:
dirt, grime, aero would be the concerns as well as the cost of replacing if this is something that is going to fall off, (ala those giro helmet issues some folks had with the magnetic visors) or get knocked off when scrubbing tire with glove(hand up against brake) after running over sharp gravel/glass

I am just curious. i'd see this as a good improvement for the rear brake on my bike, whereby I could actually adjust the pad location for different tires(training/racing) for the resultant distance change in the horizontal dropouts of the wheel.(being able to move pads up and down on the arms) currently, it requires removing brake from frame to adjust this or buying a training tire that is closer to height of racing tire(which might not be ones first choice)

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
neutron95 wrote:

Yes, that's correct - the Alpha X is a bar/stem combo (so as far as a "deal" goes, I guess you could say we include the stem for free!) I don't recall being asked that question specifically, as ck21trhc said. We try to make that explicit in the opening lines of the Alpha X description, that it's a bar/stem combo. But I can add a note to the purchase info section as well.

The new setup of the Alpha X looks great, I like the way the di2 unit can be hidden from the wind.

With the Sigma X will the di2 unit fit inside the stem itself, or will it only fit cables? Basically the old Sigma but being big enough to fit di2 9070 controller would be ideal.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [caferacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
Really like the Alpha X but I m not able to find its width ! 40 cm ?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does any of those things make the rider faster? The base bar and extensions are almost as expensive as an entry level tribike...
Last edited by: arkmann: Apr 23, 15 22:54
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [arkmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These products are aimed at triathletes looking for the final marginal gains in their quest for Kona etc etc.

And people with too much money. Nice gear, though.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
I've never been able to get one to come off accidentally. The fit is both magnetic (9mm x 2mm Neodymium, and it's a magnet-to-magnet connection for extra strength), as well as a friction fit. I've tried rumble strips, some solid bike-on-ground bashing, nothing. Previously when it was magnet-to-steel, I could get them loose in extreme circumstances. But magnet-to-magnet and they're not going anywhere.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Kealla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kealla wrote:
Hello
Really like the Alpha X but I m not able to find its width ! 40 cm ?
Thank you
Correct - 40cm center-to-center.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [caferacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caferacer wrote:
With the Sigma X will the di2 unit fit inside the stem itself, or will it only fit cables? Basically the old Sigma but being big enough to fit di2 9070 controller would be ideal.
The Sigma X Cable Cover isn't designed to house a Di2 junction, just collect mechanical cables. Instead, we recommend affixing the Di2 junction on the rear surface of the stem. Since there are no pinch bolts there, you should have extra room to "dock" the junction there (either with double-sided tape, or maybe hot glue), keeping it out of the wind while still easily accessible. Previously, the Sigma cable cover occluded the steerer tube, and the junction would fit in the space just above the top cap. Now, since we don't occlude the steerer tube, there's no "cavity" above it. But still plenty of spots to tuck a junction nice and neatly.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [arkmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arkmann wrote:
Does any of those things make the rider faster? The base bar and extensions are almost as expensive as an entry level tribike...
YES! Absolutely. And funny you should mention the entry-level bikes -- the Alpha X plus an entry level frame can actually be FASTER than a superbike costing many thousands of dollars MORE than the entry level + Alpha X. See our wind tunnel data for more info.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great I'm not even done mounting the old stuff I bought just a few weeks ago :-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good to know!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I do

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
doh!, to myself, as I just saw the price of the no hanger back plate! from free in original version to $50 in X version
Quote Reply

Prev Next