Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any plans for a garmin mount for the Sigma X?

Also I saw in your article on the original sigma that there was to be a garmin mount, but I couldn't find anything on it. Did this get cut?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No plans at present. We did prototype a Garmin mount for the original Sigma, but never went to production.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if the new simga x will fit with the new cervelo s5 bars (the one that shields the stem)?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know. I haven't had a chance to inspect those bars in person. But the gap would need to be at least 32mm for the Sigma X to fit. That's the distance of the Sigma X forward protrusion.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no way it will fit as the gap is not large enough from what I know. That is the wish as I wanted to use the new TriRig stem with the new Cervelo bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick, I bought 2 OmegaX brakes last week. Haven't opened them yet. I decided to also get the alphaX as well. Since you have a discount on buying them together, I want that discount. But your customer service department is giving me a hard time on this.
I really don't want to return the brakes and rebuy the alpha and 2 brakes together again since it would be a hassle for both of us.
Please advise on how to proceed.

Edit: Got an email and it is taken care of. Thanks and I can't wait to get the bar.
Last edited by: KingMidas: Sep 6, 15 19:47
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got their Alpha X bars yet?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the advantage of running the Omega brakes with just the cable and not the housing? I assume the aero difference is minimal if any.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have any update on the quality testing? Are there further delays or is the Alpha X in production now?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [supamau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
supamau wrote:
Anyone got their Alpha X bars yet?

Crickets.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [jay2u] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alpha X is currently in production. Our preorder customers will get their bars around Dec 1. The current estimate for new orders is early January. We've had a great response on the bars, and we're trying to get them completed as fast as possible. The development process for the layup was longer than expected, but is now complete and we're in the home stretch. Our apologies for the long wait on these bars, but we promise it'll be worth it.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great news! Does this mean that we will also soon be able to place orders for the Sigma X stem?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [kev1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And any chance on length options?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there anyway with the Alpha X to adjust the pitch of the extensions?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DrexelTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrexelTri wrote:

No, the angle of the extensions is not adjustable, but his extensions are designed to accommodate a pretty wide variety of arm angles based on which way they're inserted and how far they're inserted into the clamps. You set your position, then cut off any extra on both ends. The downside is no angle adjustment on the pads and once you cut the extensions you're pretty well committed to that position. The bar seems great if you can live with the lack of actual tilt adjustment but that's the one thing keeping me from buying what otherwise looks like a super product.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DrexelTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DrexelTri wrote:
The Alpha and Alpha X do not have independent extension tilt. But for those that really need it, the "reverse J-Bend" workaround works brilliantly. You take a J-bend with some significant degree of bend (30 or 40 degrees), and put the short end in the extension clamps, with the long end pointing up. Jesse Thomas does this with our Alpha Classic aerobar (also no independent extensino tilt), which you can see here riding en route to his historic Wildflower 5-peat victory:

And a couple more images of Jesse's bike, from his leapdaysports.com blog:

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will the stems be avaible aroudn the same time as the bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Silence (again).
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [kev1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're offering a sale now:

"Pre-Kona SALE! Up to $100 off!
Get the brake everyone has been talking about, on sale for the first time. Clean up your bike with the brake that has won Ironman races around the globe.

Get $20 off each brake, and with each pair of two brakes ordered, receive a FREE No-Hanger Back Plate for the ultimate clean front end (reg. $60). Sale is good while supplies last. Get yours before the sale stock is gone!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do any extensions adjust independent of the bar?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Do any extensions adjust independent of the bar?
Are you specifically asking about tilt? It doesn't matter what extension you use, as the clamping hardware remains parallel to the base bar. Stack and reach adjust is, of course, independent of the base bar.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes that's what I thought. The above post seemed to imply the Tririg was different/inferior in that it didn't independently adjust.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does the ordering work in terms of if some issue came up. Looks like Paypal is the only option and that you pay ahead of time before you get the item (pre-order) rather than get charged when the item ships. Most credit cards only offer 90 days to file a dispute. If the Alpha X is shipping sometime in January, you are right at that 90 day limit. I know Nick and TriRig are well regarded and standup company. Not doubting that the item will get shipped. However, weirder things have happened and other great companies have gone through troublesome times and had issues and left their customers hanging. I guess throw down $1xxx and hope that all goes well while you wait?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Launches The New X-Series! New Omega brakes, Alpha Aerobar, and Sigma stem! [Ahillock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you have an issue we will abide by our standard warranty and return policies, the time periods for which will begin when the preorder items ship. As far as your relationship with your credit card company and what decisions you want to make about that, it's up to you.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will Sigma be available for ordering? Shipping? ( if different than Alpha X)
Quote Reply

Prev Next