Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by philbou
Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [philbou] [ In reply to ]

Can you explain the situation a little clearer please?

hope you & two guys are okay

..."pictures or it didn't happen"

website/blog | Instagram

...beta is a really poor product name.

I'm also curious to know how it failed. Did it tilt down and dump the bottle out?

Install with a torque wrench?

It always sucks when people go down...hope they're OK! I had a Shimano crank break after about 20 miles, because the shop wrench didn't install it correctly. The point is that gear can fail for all sorts of reasons. Even the big manufacturers like Specialized and Trek have their own issues that result in crashes.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]

yes , the bracket between the saddle and cade holder broke 1/2 way

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

The metal
Black bracket between the saddle post and the cage older (45 degree part) broke in 2 pieces

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]

nothing to do with the instalation in the metal bracket between the saddle post and bottle cage broke in 2 parts

I would be interested in pictures.

Not to start a shit storm, just because I like looking at broken bits and figuring out what went wrong / how it could be done differently etc.

Suggest you talk to tririg and send them the pictures first though, save loading the gun on here ...

WD :-)

Sorry to hear about the trouble. First question - did you plug all the empty holes, per the installation instructions? Failure to do this results in a much weaker structure that can fail in the way you experienced, and we have seen this happen before when people didn't plug the holes.

Regardless, we are revising the Beta to a steel rail, to improve strength even when people don't follow the instructions and plug the holes. Also, we will be happy to replace your Beta whether or not you plugged them. Please send an email directly to support@tririg.com and we will take care of you.

--
TriRig.com

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [TriRig] [ In reply to ]

Thank you ... I plug all the holes. The side to the post ...
In Reply To:

I am always curious when people come here to complain before speaking with the manufacturer.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport

If you need an excellent product liability lawyer, I've got one. Because I too have made the mistake of buying shit products from the Orient and having the American company distributing same shirk any responsibility. I almost was paralyzed because of that shit, and I refuse to allow those on this board to fall prey to same.

How utterly lame that you blame the customer when your product breaks. I'm out. Never buying Tri-rig.

TriRig wrote:
Sorry to hear about the trouble. First question - did you plug all the empty holes, per the installation instructions? Failure to do this results in a much weaker structure that can fail in the way you experienced, and we have seen this happen before when people didn't plug the holes.

Regardless, we are revising the Beta to a steel rail, to improve strength even when people don't follow the instructions and plug the holes. Also, we will be happy to replace your Beta whether or not you plugged them. Please send an email directly to support@tririg.com and we will take care of you.

Bro. Really? You cannot be serious. But because you are, it's even more frightening.

Two people went down because one of your products failed (who the fuck names a product Beta?), and your very first response is asking if it was installed correctly? EVEN IF IT WASNT, normal people don't respond that way. You're personally responsible. This is your brand. Your product failed. And this is your response?

Considering your history, I'm not surprised. But that doesn't prevent me from being disgusted.

And yet people are supposed to buy a complete bicycle from you? What happens when that fails? "First, were you riding it aggressively or on rough roads? We outline that Omni can't be ridden on rough roads."

You're so out of touch.

"One Line Robert"

BTW, I've screenshot this thread for posterity. Since I'm sure Dan will eventually come to your rescue.

"One Line Robert"

Nick, it seems you are quite fucking terrible at customer service and building meaningful relationships with customers. do you track return customers? or NPS? i'm assuming you don't. unfortunately for you, the niche/boutique bike parts customer base is quite small. acquiring a new customer only to aggressively drive them away through some combination of a. higher than industry normal failure rate and b. atrocious customer service response is a terrible business plan.

anyway, do you have a current valuation of your company? i'd be willing to offer you $0.25 on the $1.

----
@adamwfurlong

I'll just comment as a mechanical design engineer. If you have a configuration that can fail at high probability if the customer doesn't take an action like plug a stress concentration hole then your product needs to be redesigned. It simply, from a risk assessment point of view, is not acceptable to rely primarily on a instruction/warning to mitigate a failure mode if the failure mode can be designed out.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

i receive some followup emails from TriRig and i very satisfy how they handle the issue with professionalism .... and i thinks they are ,FYI the 2 riders who crash are find .

So is there a problem here you are acknowledging? Are you replacing previously bought betas? Offering a refund?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 5, 16 20:48

That's great that you did, but I don't think that means you should delete the post--although it is your post so you can do as you please. I have a Beta I am about to install and would like to know if there is an issue there I should be aware of.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 5, 16 21:08

I am not sure whether the plugs are shipped with the beta or not, but showing a picture on a scale on your website with the fixing screws but without the necessary plug bolts seems misleading to me, regardless of whether this was the cause of the crash or not.

Re: TriRig Beta broke after 25 miles, 2 riders crash [Hoffmeister] [ In reply to ]

I didn't get any plugs with my purchase, so I guess we are our own to make the product safe??

Prev Next