Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TriRig Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Has TriRig discontinued the Alpha X in favor the their new model the Alpha One? The X was discounted in price, and now shows out of stock.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe they were discounting the last Alpha X models in stock with no plans of making any more. The Alpha One is it now.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been spending the last few days contemplating taking my Alpha X off my bike and going back to a previous setup. If you're looking for an Alpha X bar, let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if there has been any official word on this. I had guessed it was discontinued after going out of stock soon after Black Friday. However, it popped back up as available for a little while.
Last edited by: Traket92x: Jan 21, 20 8:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering the same. I was trying to fill in the last few details on a parts list for a TT build and was excited to see the sale price, but looks like I waited too long...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No they’re not making anymore. Nick was advertising the last few on their Facebook page. Alpha One is their option now.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [Abu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
No they’re not making anymore. Nick was advertising the last few on their Facebook page. Alpha One is their option now.
We have just a few more brand new Alpha X in stock right now. The store is being updated at this moment to show the new inventory, which will not last long. This is (most likely) the last batch we will make for Alpha X. Alpha One is superior in every way, and the platform we will focus on for the future.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea how much it costs to actually make....$200? (Not looking for a real answer to this one). But why not keep a lower priced option on the table? With no real expenses involved isn’t it just raking in the money at this point. I only ask as the Alpha X was almost in a price range I might actually consider. I am sure a lot people are in the same boat. With your lowest price option at 1k it shrinks the market quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A valid point for sure. But, when the Alpha One goes on sale the price delta between the two is fairly small which probably motivates most—as I’m sure is Nick’s intent—to opt for the Alpha One.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just about to pull the trigger on the deal for Alpha X. Do they come with the extensions? Planning on putting on older bike (titanflex) with 1 inch fork. Will these bars work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
No idea how much it costs to actually make....$200? (Not looking for a real answer to this one). But why not keep a lower priced option on the table? With no real expenses involved isn’t it just raking in the money at this point. I only ask as the Alpha X was almost in a price range I might actually consider. I am sure a lot people are in the same boat. With your lowest price option at 1k it shrinks the market quite a bit.

X2

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would appear that the reports of the Alpha X's death have been greatly exaggerated:

Alpha X

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reread post 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oops. OK, "very slightly exaggerated."

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.[/quote]Alpha One is superior in every way[/quote]
Except for the aesthetics. I’ve had a ton of tririg gear from the alpha X to the brakes and cages. Love tri rig. But zero chance I could handle the look of the monopost hanging down below the base bar. Deal breaker for me personally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only there was also a cover designed to fit on almost any bike out there that concealed not just the monopost but the brake as well ;)

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Jan 23, 20 19:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:

Alpha One is superior in every way[/quote]

Except for the aesthetics. I’ve had a ton of tririg gear from the alpha X to the brakes and cages. Love tri rig. But zero chance I could handle the look of the monopost hanging down below the base bar. Deal breaker for me personally.[/quote]
So cut the damn thing. Isn't that what everyone does?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Alpha One is superior in every way[/quote]
Except for the aesthetics. I’ve had a ton of tririg gear from the alpha X to the brakes and cages. Love tri rig. But zero chance I could handle the look of the monopost hanging down below the base bar. Deal breaker for me personally.[/quote]
Buy setup extra bar and cut yours plus can sell anytime or go back to the spare anytime. Easy. After 3 months I'm blown away by how good the alpha one is once u get it sorted.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then you get a new bike and need to adjust vertical. What then? Everyone gets really emotional on ST. I get it. All I said was the “superior in every way” is an opinion of the manufacturer. Again, I’ve spent a TON of money with Tririg. I just think that’s a bit odd looking and I don’t like the cover solution. Went with 51 speed shop for this reason.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha X [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. And I credit Nick for such a clever solution. For the record, I think the Alpha X is the best bar on the market (I rode it for 2 seasons). I’m sure there are reasons they can’t but I wish they’d continue to make them at the current price point. It’s a killer deal at that price. I personally would buy the X over the 1 even at the same price. Just not a fan of the 1 but it is functionally better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you click "Purchase Info (show)" on the right side of the page, it mentions that the Gamma can be purchased at a slight discount so I would guess they are not included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tend to agree with you here. Sort of. That monopost sticking down is the only negative (other than maybe price) of the Alpha One. It does look terrible if hanging below. Part of it is covered by the stem/spacers, so, at least for me, I anticipate minimal or no cutting. But, I still think that overall, the pros of the One outweigh the cons. I tinker a lot with set up so the One makes more sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tomk407 wrote:
Just about to pull the trigger on the deal for Alpha X. Do they come with the extensions? Planning on putting on older bike (titanflex) with 1 inch fork. Will these bars work?
Extensions are not included. We sell our Gamma extensions separately. But it does include a shim for use with a 1-inch fork. Thanks!

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I schnoozed too long on the alpha x too, and now they are all gone. Was the Alpha X lighter then then Alpha One?
Quote Reply

Prev Next