Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-bike rentals in Maryland
Quote | Reply
I'm from the West coast and I plan on riding from the Bay Bridge to the coast on a visit later in the year. Can anyone recommend a tri-bike store in the area that will rent me a bike for the trip? I'm looking for something like HP BikeWorks in Kona.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-bike rentals in Maryland [SteveInSeattle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if they rent bikes, but try contacting Tri-Speed Multisports. (www.tri-speed.com) They recently started a consignment program, maybe if there is something in your size, the owner would be willing to rent it. Some other shops of good reputation are can be found on this link. Hope this helps.

http://directory.google.com/...ted_States/Maryland/

- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.
P. J. O'Rourke
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light street cycles in Baltimore rents bikes.

She might have a tri bike in your size available for rent. Then again she might not. My brother rented a nice road bike from her last year though.

They don't have a website. But they are in the book.

The manager at tri speed told me the consignment area is gone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bonzai Sports (www.tribonzai.com) in Falls Church VA just west of DC may rent tri bikes... I know they have a wetsuit rental program.

Mt Airy Bikes (www.bike123.com) in MT Airy MD, NNW of DC used to do a fairly brisk business renting out aero wheelsets and might do the same with tri bikes. They do offer an extended test ride program but I don't know the details. When my wife and I were looking for tandems several years ago a weekend testride/rental was $50 or $100 bucks...can't see why they wouldn't do the same with a tri bike.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-bike rentals in Maryland [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpeed in Baltimore may be able to help. If you're flying into BWI they're only about 35 minutes north. I don't know if Troy will rent a bike or not but it can't hurt to try.

I'm wondering if you already have your route planned out because most of the roads on the Eastern Shore one might use to get to the beach are not available to cyclists.

Yes, its true. Route 50 - nope, you can't ride a bike, 404 - nope, 113 - nope.....

I'm sure someone has figured out back roads to get there but I wanted to mention it to you anyway.

Schwingding

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply