Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tremblant water temps?
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice the water temp seem to be trending down, not up?? Training website says water temp is 12.3 C, one week to go until race. Brrrrr....
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The water temps should rise this week given warmer weather. I would expect the water to be at least 60 by next Sunday. I just finished an open water swim with 58F temps and it was chilly but fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im headed up there too, what site has the water temps?
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [DimaP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

FYI: "Temperature de l'eau" stand for water temperature

https://mont-tremblant.ca/...ning-mont-tremblant/
Last edited by: benleg: Jun 17, 19 8:46
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks and good luck to everyone competing!
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The temp reported yesterday was 54.1F. It's up to 57.0F today. At this rate it will be a non-wetsuit swim on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone care to guess as to what the temperature threshold would be for a reduced swim on Sunday? Given the current forecast for Sunday's race of 23C and sunny, I am thinking that there is no possibility of a reduced swim at the current water temperature of 57F/13.9C. I also expect that with mostly sun and highs in the low 20s all week long, the water temp will end up being low to mid 60s.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just assumed if its over 14 the full swim is on?
Hopefully it gets up to a cozy 16 or 17 :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Night time temperatures up there from now to the weekend are between 8 and 11 C. (46 to 51F).

Enjoy those numb fingers and toes :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any tips for this race? How clear the water is? It's my first time there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:

The danger is if the night or day before if you get a lot of wind and/or chop, the cold stuff from a bit deeper comes up. And it is COLD!!!.
I went swimming this weekend and 6 feet down it's really cold.

In 2012 it was 14deg the day before and the swim got cancelled because it was slightly under 13. Same thing, colder/deeper water got mixed up with the shallower water.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys need to use F(reedom) degrees!!!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

The danger is if the night or day before if you get a lot of wind and/or chop, the cold stuff from a bit deeper comes up. And it is COLD!!!.

In 2012 it was 14deg the day before and the swim got cancelled because it was slightly under 13. Same thing, colder/deeper water got mixed up with the shallower water.

You sure about that? I've been to every 70.3 at Tremblant including 2012, swim has never been cancelled. Nor at any of the full IM's there. Maybe you are thinking of a different race?
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jun 17, 19 11:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I was just trying to remember at MT race being cancelled due to cold water and came up blank.

The forecast just keeps getting better. I would be very surprised if the water were <60F inversion or not. No way would the swim be shortened at 60F, especially if its going to be sunny and warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be there racing the 5i50 and volunteering the 70.3 on the bike course.
I've swam in the lake before, more on the northern section of the lake and it's a very clear lake.

Looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
marcag wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:

You sure about that? I've been to every 70.3 at Tremblant including 2012, swim has never been cancelled. Nor at any of the full IM's there. Maybe you are thinking of a different race?

It was the 5150 that turned into a duathlon. My mistake, it was June 8th, 2013.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
59.3F (15.2C) this morning. Lac Tremblant should be perfect wetsuit temps come Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gguerini wrote:

Water so clear you can see your toes when treading water. The lake is unbelievably crisp, clean and beautiful. Plenty of room. Enjoy - it's truly one of the best swims in NA.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
gguerini wrote:

Water so clear you can see your toes when treading water. The lake is unbelievably crisp, clean and beautiful. Plenty of room. Enjoy - it's truly one of the best swims in NA.

Awesome! Good to know!! :) They don't have the underwear cable like Lake Placid, right?

What about the bike and run course?
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [gguerini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gguerini wrote:
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
gguerini wrote:

Awesome! Good to know!! :) They don't have the underwear cable like Lake Placid, right?

What about the bike and run course?

No underwater cable (like Placid). But I much prefer the Tremblant swim cause it's much less congested. Everyone at Placid tends to crowd the cable. But there are plenty of buoys on the swim. It couldn't be a more simple, straight-forward swim. The Bike course is buttery smooth and very straight-forward as is the Run. It's really the perfect triathlon course all around, IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training website updated this morning with water temp of 17. Should be a comfy swim. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, should be a perfect mid 60sF come Sunday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup almost up to 63deg F now! :) Now if I can just avoid this cold my daughter has on the 6+ hr drive up there!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No trying to hijack the thread, just wondering about the driving thru the border...Easy to do, something different in canada about driving, things to know in general? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Tremblant water temps? [anibalplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
anibalplay wrote:
No trying to hijack the thread, just wondering about the driving thru the border...Easy to do, something different in canada about driving, things to know in general? Thanks

just try to avoid rush hour through Montreal on a week day.
Quote Reply

Prev Next