Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trek is just about due. [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not much has changed since 2007.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek is just about due. [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good point. If they are...they could use the opportunity of having a very well-known spokesman introduce it at a very well known race. Hmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek is just about due. [cowardlydragon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cowardlydragon wrote:
stef32 wrote:
maybe there is nothing major they want to change. Also when Trek introduce a new bike at the pro level, it is usually available right away for the public, and they have stock! Look at the Domane pheraps.

What would be any major updates? The SC has held up pretty well in tunnel tests across the yaws and years.

- maguro hydraulic brake integration/options (isn't the front and rear brakes a PITA in the SC?)
- a non-UCI variant geometry that has a bladder option a la the non-UCI Shiv?
- more headset/TT bar options?

They already have a good set of accessories and integration. It's a pretty good design, and I'm a Cervelo fanboy. And Trek seemed to hold onto their last TT design for quite a while, the Lance-derived one.

Based on the lack of P5 aero data and how the SC stacked up against the P4, I don't know if there are major gains to be made aero-wise with a redesign. There seems to be some good consumer/prosumer software for CFD modelling of aerodynamics being used by Ceepo, Flo Cycling, and Cervelo that allows aero design on the cheap without a lot of physical models. But the P5 still doesn't appear to be a major upgrade speedwise over the P4.

You know, if they ever appear...

Thats what I mean, they don't need to change anything.

Formely stef32
Quote Reply
Re: Trek is just about due. [G$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He tweeted a pic of his new Trek Speed Concept yesterday, is this a new model?
[/url]

G$ wrote:
That is a good point. If they are...they could use the opportunity of having a very well-known spokesman introduce it at a very well known race. Hmmm.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek is just about due. [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we'll have to agree to disagree. The DA kept it's identifiable external bayonet and downtube cutout but the execution is soooo much better on the 2011 model.

The 2010 DA had a comparatively "wide" down tube if I recall right anything under the downtube cutout flared wider, standard BSA BB, 42mm wide headtube, the seattube was well under 80mm deep.

For 2011, they just narrowed the whole bike down a lot more and created a lot more tube depth. BB30, much narrower headtube.

Its actually ironic, where as ssome companies make changes that are really identifiable but have questionable benefit; Felt made fairly substantial changes to their tubes because they had already kind of gotten out front on hiding brakes and external forks. I prefer the changes of the second order.
Quote Reply

Prev Next