Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup
Quote | Reply
Hi SpeedConcept riders,

Do you know if the Profile Design FC35 is compatible with the SC out of the box? Or is a BTA adaptor required like the XLab Torpedo?

Thanks for your help
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t answer your question, but I like the Speedfil hydration set-up on my SC. Fits elegantly atop the mounting bar. It also allows a Garmin to sit atop the bottle. I can’t imagine you can improve much on that setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool! I just looked SpeedFil up. Does it also fit a Wahoo ELEMNT BOLT instead of a Garmin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s not compatible.

If you want an aero bottle, get the xlab torpedo and mount it in a normal cage that is mounted to the sc mono extension with the Bontrager bracket.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

If you want an aero bottle, get the xlab torpedo and mount it in a normal cage that is mounted to the sc mono extension with the Bontrager bracket.
Agree with this... except I went with the xlab gorilla cage as well after my regular cage would drop the xlab torpedo and other bottles. Zero issues since going to that cage with drops.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be with the Mono plug in. I can put a Torhans in between the bars and then a bta. Haven’t run it yet but will test out soon

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej, I am new at this. can you refill the torpedo bottle during a 70.3 or 140? I looked at xlab, but could not find that info. Do you carry nutrition or water in your torpedo BTA? I ride a trek sc, so not a lot of fit options up front. thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t use the torpedo personally as I prefer just a regular bottle instead of an aero bottle. But yes you can refill the torpedo in a race. I have athletes that put nutrition in the torpedo and will refill with water once it’s out.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the torpedo it’s really easy to refill, I run both water and nutrition in mine. Just gotta pay attention and practice your refill technique. .
I’ll buy a 6pack of recyclable water bottles with the sport top that fit in my bottle cages. I drink them The days leading into the race and then refill them with my mixed nutrition for race day. Makes it super easy to fill torpedo and it’s easy to just toss empty bottles at aid station and take on new ones.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xeon wrote:
stevej wrote:

Agree with this... except I went with the xlab gorilla cage as well after my regular cage would drop the xlab torpedo and other bottles. Zero issues since going to that cage with drops.

+1. I sent bta x-lab torpedo bottle...torpedoing?....when I hit a bump in race a couple years ago when it was in a ‘regular’ cage. I switched to the chimp cage which works better (I think the gorilla has an even stronger hold). I’m a little paranoid about losing it again so I also do a loop around the bottle and cage with electrical tape.

As for refilling, it works fine. There are two tops you can use. On is a solid rubber/plastic top which you have to undo to refill the bottle (there is a ‘tail’ on it which keeps it connected to the bottle so it won’t just fly off when you pull off the cap). The other is one of the fabric-y type of tops that has slits in it so you can stick the nozzle of a bottle in it and refill without removing anything. I have found that the latter top can spill (just a little bit) when going over large bumps

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Nov 18, 19 7:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You all beat me to it! Thanks for the assistance everyone!

Happy to help with any questions you have on the Torpedo, but most have chipped in on the usage & refill part.

As far as being Wahoo compatible, if you get a full system (either Versa 200 or Versa 500) the insert that comes already installed on the computer mount is Wahoo specific - you just have to turn it 90 degrees to fit which is easy-peasy with 2 small screws.

We also have instructions on how to install it on your monobar.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Torpedo 200, but I can't seem to figure out how to mount it on the SC mono bar extension. Do you have an image on this?
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Speed Concept with Front Hydration Setup [Jelana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We actually have instructions which has the picture and how to set it up. The system on there is a Versa 500, but yours will look very similar - just the cage that is different.

You would need the BTA mount from Bontrager and then essentially put the system on top of that.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply