Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek SC and 25mm tires
Quote | Reply
I have a 2013 Trek SC with the original draft box mounted on the back. Has anyone found a 25mm wide tire that works with this setup? I tried a Conti 4000 700 x 25 but it was too tall and ended up rubbing on the draft box mounting bracket. Basically looking for a recommendation for a lower profile 25mm tire. Racing IMLP this July so would like some puncture resistance as well but will go full race tire if necessary.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC and 25mm tires [Aembrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Continental GP5000 25mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC and 25mm tires [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I use on my SC and it works.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On what width wheel?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC and 25mm tires [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running a pair of Reynolds Assault carbon clincher wheels. Not sure the width.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would probably use 23mm wide tires on the Assault wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk tires are somewhat less tall on wider rims. You might just want to use 23mm. GP5000 are less tall than 4000s AFAIK though

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Trek SC and 25mm tires [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aembrey wrote:
I have a 2013 Trek SC with the original draft box mounted on the back. Has anyone found a 25mm wide tire that works with this setup? I tried a Conti 4000 700 x 25 but it was too tall and ended up rubbing on the draft box mounting bracket. Basically looking for a recommendation for a lower profile 25mm tire. Racing IMLP this July so would like some puncture resistance as well but will go full race tire if necessary.

IIRC the Conti GP4000 25mm were a lot bigger than the nominal width, closer to 28mm, and GP5000s are more accurate. So 25mm GP5000s is what I am going to use on my SC as well.

It also makes sense to me that narrower rims make the tire taller also.
Quote Reply