Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill questions...
Quote | Reply
I did search, but couldn't find really specific answers I was after, namely questions about CHP and differences between Sole models, etc..

For a treadmill that isn't going to see more than, say, 5 hours per week, and probably never more than 2 hours in a single session, is there really any need to go above 3 CHP?

Any huge diff in quality and support for Sole vs Proform?

Models I'm looking at (Canadian prices), and these do max out my budget. And I'm not looking for used, been down that road and it was too bumpy.. :) :

Sole F63 - $1600
3 CHP
2.5" rollers
20x60

Sole F80 - $2100
3.5 CHP
2.5" rollers
22x60

Sole F85 - $2400
4 CHP
2.75" rollers
22x60

Proform 5000 - $1800
3.75CHP
2.5" rollers
22x60

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill questions... [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Sole F80. Have run on a bunch of other ones regularly (commercial ones at the gym), some of which actually have the same HP as the F80 and some more.

I suspect it would be fine to go with the less HP motor, but there will likely be more motor noise and definitely a higher risk of long-term motor failure, but again, motors for noncommercial are so solid nowadays that unless you are literally Lionel Sanders, they rarely fail. I say this because just look at the warrantees on the Sole TMs - last time I checked, the engine had a LIFETIME warrantee on it, whereas the deck was like 1-2 yrs and the console like 3-4 or something like that. Pretty much every TM in that price class seems to have lifetime warrantees when I checked, so the engine is one of the points of least failure (surprisingly).

My TM experience n=1 confirms this; I've replaced almost my whole F80 over 8 years, some under warrantee, some out. The engine and frame are the two pieces that haven't failed in my high-condensation garage which accelerates wear. They sent me a new engine after a console replacement at the 7 year point, but my original one was working fine, they just tossed it in for free saying I might as well swap it out since I was opening the whole thing up anyway.

I'd stick with the F80 at a minimum for a real runner just because of it's good reviews.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill questions... [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm likely buying a treadmill today.

Is the Sole F80 worth the extra $600 over the the F63?
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill questions... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious on why today? Did you find a deal? I have had my eye on a F80 for a while but have been looking for a deal. From what I have observed, their sales model is that their treadmills are always on sale. Right now it's the black Friday/cyber Mon deal, but a few weeks ago it was the winter sale. A few weeks before that it was fall savings. For all of those sales, the price was the same - about $1,500 and free shipping. In my mind, that makes the base price $1,500 so a deal would have to be anything less than that. After about 4 months, I am pretty sure it won't get any better, but my need for the deal still has me holding out.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
I'm likely buying a treadmill today.

Is the Sole F80 worth the extra $600 over the the F63?

If you run on it for 5hrs/wk over a 5 year period, that's only an extra $.38/hour. Easily worth it to me for the added power and slightly wider platform.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be sure to check-out current "Cyber Monday" deals on Sole - https://www.soletreadmills.com/treadmills.html

I bought the F85 last year and have been happy with it. IMO, it's the best combo of price, CHP and durability. Plus, I prefer the F85 console display over the others.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill questions... [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$1500 for the f80, yes standard pricing.

It's a gift for someone close, neither one of us is near 350 lbs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nordic Trac has a sale on Amazon right now. I got a commercial 2450 for $1400 delivered and assembled.

Quote | Reply
So if they made a treadmill as big as a runway for a plane and that treadmill could match take off speed for a jet going in the opposite direction, would the plane be able to take off?

Off course because the jet would still be pushing the air , the only question would if the wheel bearings could handle the ‘take off speed x2’ with out adding too much friction. I suspect it would be negligible . Unless I’m wrong...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No comparison, Sole is by far a better product and company than anything coming from Icon, who makes Proform, Norditrack, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill questions... [J.Thompson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx, ordered an F80 earlier today :)
Quote Reply