Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill advice
Quote | Reply
My wife is currently pregnant and would like to get a treadmill to walk on during her pregnancy and I would like to use it for some intervals and on bad weather days. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something to get the job done. Any recommendations on a solid product that will get the job done and not break the bank?
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill advice [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
My wife is currently pregnant and would like to get a treadmill to walk on during her pregnancy and I would like to use it for some intervals and on bad weather days. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just something to get the job done. Any recommendations on a solid product that will get the job done and not break the bank?

we don't provide any advice on treadmills here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill advice [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

ouch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

ouch

i'm being facetious. there are a LOT of threads right now, this month, on treadmills. and a $100 discount offer on a particular brand, just for slowtwitchers, tho there's been an issue with this brand on customer service (as all the treadmill companies are selling as many they can make right now, and this company appears to have gotten caught not staffing customer service to keep track with sales).

point being, there's a lot of stuff here, i'm sure folks will be happy to answer your questions, but if you hunt a little you'll find a lot of recent discussions on horizon, sole, landice, true, nordictrack and so on.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

ouch

i'm being facetious. there are a LOT of threads right now, this month, on treadmills. and a $100 discount offer on a particular brand, just for slowtwitchers, tho there's been an issue with this brand on customer service (as all the treadmill companies are selling as many they can make right now, and this company appears to have gotten caught not staffing customer service to keep track with sales).

point being, there's a lot of stuff here, i'm sure folks will be happy to answer your questions, but if you hunt a little you'll find a lot of recent discussions on horizon, sole, landice, true, nordictrack and so on.

I figured you were big dog. I did the obligatory first page overview and didnt see any posts regarding treadmills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:
Slowman wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

ouch

I figured you were big dog. I did the obligatory first page overview and didnt see any posts regarding treadmills.

i have 3 treadmills: a trueform, a horizon, and a woodway. my favorite is the woodway. the trueform has a woodway-like running surface, but is not motorized, and that will be a turnoff for some folks, and a selling feature for others. the horizon is priced and featured like the sole, that is to say, at the bottom of the price range of what you and i would consider usable (a 3.5hp or higher motor that inclines, speeds up to a 5min mile, BLE enabled, and so on). we have a $100 off during january promo code for horizon.

what folks have complained about on the horizon is that if/when they have a problem, it's been very hard to get customer service. however, the horizon folks have established a forum account here, and what i'd like to see if i can do is get us our own customer service person when we have trouble and need help. i'm working on that.

midrange, there's landice and true, and if you just search that here i think you'll find an overwhelming love of landice. but that's some bucks. i'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sole f80.
New $1250 give or take
Sole f85
New $1500 I think.

New or used is fine. I would not hesitate to buy a used SOLE. Easy to maintain and work on if needed. Most people here that have one have had good results/success with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
[
i have 3 treadmills: a trueform, a horizon, and a woodway. my favorite is the woodway. the trueform has a woodway-like running surface, but is not motorized, and that will be a turnoff for some folks, and a selling feature for others. the horizon is priced and featured like the sole, that is to say, at the bottom of the price range of what you and i would consider usable (a 3.5hp or higher motor that inclines, speeds up to a 5min mile, BLE enabled, and so on). we have a $100 off during january promo code for horizon.

what folks have complained about on the horizon is that if/when they have a problem, it's been very hard to get customer service. however, the horizon folks have established a forum account here, and what i'd like to see if i can do is get us our own customer service person when we have trouble and need help. i'm working on that.

midrange, there's landice and true, and if you just search that here i think you'll find an overwhelming love of landice. but that's some bucks. i'm sure others will chime in with their experiences.

I have the Horizon 7.8. Honestly, I love the machine. However, I have been bitten by the customer service issues - I first reported that my incline motor wasn't working on January 11, and as of today I still don't have the replacement parts. (since right now it otherwise works, I've just propped up the front on a 3/4 thick piece of plywood to get my preferred 1% incline)

From what I can see, the CS issues are a recent development, starting in early-to-mid December. I'm hoping they will be resolved in the next few weeks or months.

Right now, because of the CS issues, I can't recommend the machine. You can order it, but you may not get it, or may have a warranty issue arise, and it will be near impossible to get any sort of response or remediation from them.

If/when they get the CS issues under control (and I get my incline fixed), I'll go back to recommending the machine. I've run on several different treadmills - Sole, Life Fitness, Woodway, and the Horizon is by far my favorite in terms of how the belt feels, the ease of the controls, and the quick changes in pace. When you get one, and it actually works, it's a great machine.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill advice [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Sole f80.
New $1250 give or take
Sole f85
New $1500 I think.

New or used is fine. I would not hesitate to buy a used SOLE. Easy to maintain and work on if needed. Most people here that have one have had good results/success with them.
+1 -- Either Sole (F80, F85) would work nicely for you. I own the F85 and it has been a crucial tool in my winter/spring marathon training when hazardous conditions exist outdoors. I've owned it for several years without any issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I narrowed my search down to the Sole F85 and the Horizon 7.8. Both were available locally as was the True and Spirit lines. I tried all of those out in the stores. The Sole appeared most solid (and great reviews( so I went with that. ($2000). The Horizons bluetooth speakers were superior to the Soles but I couldn't buy it for that reason.
I have 2 runs on the Sole and am happy with the purchase so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill advice [Brushman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brushman wrote:
littlefoot wrote:
Sole f80.
New $1250 give or take
Sole f85
New $1500 I think.

+1 -- Either Sole (F80, F85) would work nicely for you. I own the F85 and it has been a crucial tool in my winter/spring marathon training when hazardous conditions exist outdoors. I've owned it for several years without any issues.

+2. -- Myself and at least two others I know locally, have the F80. Solid, and in my experience, easy to reach customer service, though you likely won't need it. I only called them as I had questions as to which model to buy, and had no trouble getting someone on the phone. Not only that, but they were very honest - they actually recommended the less expensive F80, vs the F85, saying I just didn't need the F85 for the amount I planned to use it.

Edit - just checked out the Sole FB page. In fairness to the other companies, it looks like Sole customer service hasn't been very responsive lately either. Maybe a covid thing, but that's a crap excuse IMO for any company. Hopefully they resolve quickly.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Jan 30, 21 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill advice [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Sole f80.
New $1250 give or take
Sole f85
New $1500 I think.

When did you see prices in this range? They appear to be 150 and 500 low, respectively.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply