Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill Shoe
Quote | Reply
I am a Hoka Bondi runner and it’s pretty much all I use outside. I find them too squishy on the treadmill so any suggestions on a decent shoe for the treadmill would be appreciated. Similar drop would be cool but I’m not opposed to something different. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Shoe [joebfromashley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More of a bump because I'm no expert.

Wouldn't a Hoka Tracer or Hupana be the obvious choice? Anything is going to be firmer than the Bondi (not a criticism I really like Hoka) and another Hoka shoe will have a similar drop. Maybe something with RMAT instead of EVA. No idea what your priorities are for a treadmill shoe. I'd guess ventilation? Not sure about durability? Outside Hoka - Asics 33 range and Brooks Pure range should have a similar drop. But, as I say, more of a bump than good advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Shoe [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Oddslug! I guess to be more specific, the Bondi on the treadmill is unstable enough to the point where I can feel it in my knee. Between the shoe and the deck, too much cushion and not enough stability. I have used for the treadmill the NB 1080 and they were ok. For the treadmill my preference is a soft ride with Enough cushion to be comfortable but not loosing stability because they are so soft when coupled with the deck. I do put a power step arch support in all my shoes. Just seems to work for me. I took a long break From running and a few years ago started back with the Bondi so I’m out out of the loop on what’s out there. Been using the treadmill more for recovery/easy runs here and there.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the Mach 2. I use them on the treadmill all the time and they're pretty responsive and not at all squishy. I'm a size 10 normally but went to 9.5 as the toe box is pretty roomy and my foot was all over the place in the size 10 especially when wet.

joebfromashley wrote:
I am a Hoka Bondi runner and it’s pretty much all I use outside. I find them too squishy on the treadmill so any suggestions on a decent shoe for the treadmill would be appreciated. Similar drop would be cool but I’m not opposed to something different. Thanks in advance!

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m using an old pair of Clifton 2’s on the treadmill. Love them.
Quote Reply