Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Treadmill Hesitation
Quote | Reply
I am curious to know if any other athletes have experienced hesitation, or a feeling of the belt slipping when running on a treadmill?

Has it ever caused you to fall?

Any thoughts on what would contribute to this?

Any insight would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Hesitation [MT2017] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-- Check belt/deck lubrication requirements (if any) for your particular model treadmill.
-- Motor wear can cause uneven power delivery.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, happens to every treadmill eventually. Mine needed lube under the belt, plus tightening the small belt that goes to the motor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MT2017 wrote:
I am curious to know if any other athletes have experienced hesitation, or a feeling of the belt slipping when running on a treadmill? Yes.

Has it ever caused you to fall? Yes

Any thoughts on what would contribute to this? Probably old/worn out. Lack of runner focus.

Any insight would be appreciated.
. Falling hurts. Buy a new treadmill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. My. Belt was slipping.

Try and stall. Your treadmill. Put it on a walking speed and stand off to the side of the belt. Use one leg to try and stop the treadmill.

Does the belt stop but the motor keep going? If so, your belt is loose, or worn out. Follow your treadmill instructions for tightening. If that doesn't stop it from slipping, try cleaning the rollers... If that doesn't help replace the belt. I bought a new belt from treadmilldoctor.

Does the belt stop and the motor stops with it? Might be a motor issue or a controller issue. My controller board died, I was able to repair mine. Diagnosing a controller requires a maintenance manual for the specific treadmill.

Does it only stall when you step in a particular spot? My deck was worn and whenever I stepping in a specific spot with my left foot it would drag. You could also hear a sound differencenehen I stepping in that spot... It got louder. My deck was two sided. I flipped my deck when I replaced the belt.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Apr 29, 18 20:43
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Hesitation [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a look at hom treadmills and they looked super fragile, I ended up with a 2nd hand commercial which is solid as.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Hesitation [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno about the ones today. Our treadmill is 16 years old. It was $1000 in 2002. Last year I replaced a transistor in the motor controller, and the original treadmill belt. That's literally the only thing I've done in its entire history. I trained on it for entire Winters (marathons, IM) when we lived in Colorado. I still train on it once or trice a week...sometimes more. My wife uses it every day often twice or three times.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Apr 29, 18 21:05
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Hesitation [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Dunno about the ones today. Our treadmill is 16 years old. It was $1000 in 2002. Last year I replaced a transistor in the motor controller, and the original treadmill belt. That's literally the only thing I've done in its entire history. I trained on it for entire Winters (marathons, IM) when we lived in Colorado. I still train on it once or trice a week...sometimes more. My wife uses it every day often twice or three times.

Your treadmill seems to be quite durable. Which specific brand do you have? I am planning to get one for my home but confused with different models. My budget is between $500 - $1000.

Proform, Sole and Norditrack are the ones I am confused with.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Hesitation [bernardralph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've seen some wacky stuff in hotel gym treadmills that are not maintained well... machines just shut off, slipping belts, sqeaks and squeals
Quote Reply