Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Traveling/Flying with Shimano Brake Oil - Can I?
Quote | Reply
I don't think it's classified as flammable (no label on bottle). Anyone have experience with this? Scouring TSA website but can't find anything that quite fits the bill. Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling/Flying with Shimano Brake Oil - Can I? [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually fly with a little bottle of RnR Gold in my bike bag, and by MSDS it's similarly flammable; I've never had an issue. If you're really worried you can reach out to them and ask about bringing mineral oil on-board.
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling/Flying with Shimano Brake Oil - Can I? [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With the number of bikes that fly around the world regularly If it were a huge issue, they would flat out outlaw it. Such as C02.

If you're worried about it being confiscated put it in a different bottle.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling/Flying with Shimano Brake Oil - Can I? [D_PRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice thanks guys. Not worried about confiscation but more so compliance. Reached out to TSA and will report back!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carosemena wrote:
Nice thanks guys. Not worried about confiscation but more so compliance. Reached out to TSA and will report back!

Very admirable..

On another note;
My LBS may or may not have advised me to risk it with C02, something along the lines of they only catch it half of the time.

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Re: Traveling/Flying with Shimano Brake Oil - Can I? [D_PRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha agreed! Have made that mistake before :)
Quote Reply