Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transcontinental Race: Germany's Fiona Kolbinger becomes first female winner of endurance race
Quote | Reply
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/49248126

Don't know how much of an accomplishment this is. If I won a race, my immediate reaction would be who finished second, third, etc. It's not new news either that a woman finishing top five in an endurance event is unusual. I have no reason to think that she didn't won fair and square. Good for her.

Some caveats about the race. It's an honor system (because there is no monetary prize) and you can't ask people for help or which way you should go.

Applaud the no support theme of the race. Doubt if no monetary prize means that people will be honorable. The notoriety of finishing such an event could have some people cheating IMO.

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: Transcontinental Race: Germany's Fiona Kolbinger becomes first female winner of endurance race [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an amazing accomplishment.

The cynic in me hopes she wasn't jacked on PED's.
Quote Reply
Re: Transcontinental Race: Germany's Fiona Kolbinger becomes first female winner of endurance race [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best part was her playing the piano at one of the checkpoints.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Transcontinental Race: Germany's Fiona Kolbinger becomes first female winner of endurance race [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
great pic
Quote Reply