Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training road bike choice
Quote | Reply
Currently I have two good offers:

Look 785 Huez RS
Trek Emonda SLR 6 team issue.

Both look very light, both are from 2018, both have Ultegra 8000 groupset and both with rim brakes (but Trek has DM Bontrager brakes instead of Ultegra).

Look has Mavic Ksyrium and Emonda has Bontrager Paradigm Comp Tubeless Ready.

Price is exactly the same.

I've no experience with Look, nor with Trek, so both options look more or less the same for me. Look has a bit more attractive country of origin :) , but Trek has a bit more attractive paint. :)

Please share your opinion on what would you choose. :)

Last edited by: romanas: Apr 20, 18 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: Training road bike choice [romanas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look.

I've never owned a Look before, but I've owned 3 Trek's over the years. Trek is boring to me.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Training road bike choice [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you mean when you say boring? Is it something wrong with SLR, or is it your perception of Trek brand or SLR in particular that is based on popularity of Trek in your area?

We have very few Treks around, it's definitely not a popular inscription on a frame here. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're everywhere around here. Nothing wrong with them, they're good bikes (I've owned 6, now that I think about it some more). But after seeing so many of them, I'd want something different.

This is obviously dependent on your region.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go with the Trek because you like the paint job better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first thing I would verify from Look is what the measured width is at the seat stays and fork where the tire would run. I've seen that the Trek has been measured at 38 mm at the stays meaning a "measured" 32 mm wide tire (for example the 28 mm GP4000S) would fit with 3 mm of room to each side. Not sure about the fork, but Trek claims that 28 mm tires will run front and back, but not sure if it's measured 28 mm.

I didn't see anything about Look claiming to be able to run with 28 mm, and if so, how much room would there be on a measured 28 mm. I believe it comes with 25's.

Given that the trend is going to wider tires, and this is a training bike...tire clearance (along with not having proprietary integrated bullshit parts) would be the highest things on my list after fit and price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buy the one that makes you more excited to ride it it if all else is similar. If the trek is more attractive, its a no brainer.
Quote Reply