Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training on Zwift
Quote | Reply
I like TrainerRoad for its structured training programs. However, I enjoy the experience of Zwift a lot more. It is actually enjoyable, and now it is offering its "run" feature. However, its structured training is far less complete than TrainerRoad.

I am yet a beginner. I am moving to olympic distance next year, and hopefully 70.3 the year after. TrainerRoad would cover me all the way through.

Now, if I really like Zwift and do not wish to be staring at a graph (TrainerRoad) for hours while training, is there a solution that would meet the best of both worlds? Is there a way to load a rather complete set of structured training programs specific for Triathlon into Zwift.

I understand Zwift offers a feature where you can create your own training, but I do not think I will go that far to meet my requirement.

Thanks !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Training on Zwift [drjoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can run them both at the same time. Pair Trainer Road to your trainer (control/ERG) and power meter. Pair Zwift to your power meter only (not controllable trainer). Depending on your setup you might require another ANT+ stick. A combination of Bluetooth and ANT+ will work (again depending on setup). There's a few articles out there on the web about doing this.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Training on Zwift [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW You are right !!!
Quote Reply
Re: Training on Zwift [drjoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drjoke wrote:
I like TrainerRoad for its structured training programs. However, I enjoy the experience of Zwift a lot more. It is actually enjoyable, and now it is offering its "run" feature. However, its structured training is far less complete than TrainerRoad.

I am yet a beginner. I am moving to olympic distance next year, and hopefully 70.3 the year after. TrainerRoad would cover me all the way through.

Now, if I really like Zwift and do not wish to be staring at a graph (TrainerRoad) for hours while training, is there a solution that would meet the best of both worlds? Is there a way to load a rather complete set of structured training programs specific for Triathlon into Zwift.

I understand Zwift offers a feature where you can create your own training, but I do not think I will go that far to meet my requirement.

Thanks !!!

This is the best article we've seen on how to run TrainerRoad and Zwift simultaneously :)
https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/run-zwift-trainerroad-simultaniously-1948

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

- Bryce Lewis
TrainerRoad Community Manager

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply