Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in the Phoenix area.
Quote | Reply
We expect to be moving out there, from NC, in a few months and need some information on tri training. Our landing spot appears to be in the Western part of the city, Goodyear, Surprise and Peoria to name a few locations.

I'm thinking the best riding will be off road?

Most developments do have lap pools but I always do better in a structured Masters environment, anyone have experience with group swims?

As far as running goes, long runs in the street are fine, but like cycling, there seems to be nice options for trail running. Anyone know of some running clubs?

My goal would be to sign up for the Phoenix Ironman in 2022, 74-79 Age Group.

Thanks

Ron W.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in the Phoenix area. [rjsurfer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live across the Valley, so I'm not very familiar with what goes on in that area, but there is a large, active cycling club there that rides several times a week. They also have a Facebook page.

http://www.westvalleycycle.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of options for riding. Strong cycling group (West Valley Cycling) based right out of the area you are looking to move to. Lots of trails around as well if you are a mountain biker. Lifetime fitness is nearby, and even a 50 meter pool at the Goodyear YMCA. I do masters up a tad north of that area in Arrowhead. I think you'll find there are lots of options and tri clubs to hit up nearby.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in the Phoenix area. [RyuTan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
West Valley cycling looks nice...just what I'm looking for. Goodyear will be close to any of my proposed landing sites.

Ron W.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Goodyear in Estrella Mountain Ranch. This will check all you boxes. Pretty empty roads for riding, community built MTB trails, trail running, 2 clubhouses 1 with 3 lane heated lap pool. Its a bit out of the way but its so nice and peaceful (you don't come up there unless you live there). LMK if I can answer any questions

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to the area. West Valley Cycle is a great group! Besides the normal group rides, some of us do field trips to Mt. Lemmon, South Mountain, Sedona, Flagstaff, Prescott, as well as less well known rides. There are crits as well as mountain biking. I heard the masters group at the Southwest Valley YMCA on Litchfield rd. is pretty good. They have a nice 50 long course outdoor pool, I use the lap pools in the retirement community I live in. I have only had to wait for my own personal lane twice in the last 6 years. Lots of trail running at the white tank mountains or flat runs along the canals. PM me if you would like more specifics.
Quote Reply