Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training in Boise?
Quote | Reply
I'm doing IMTX this year, and I have an unavoidable work conference during one of those last big peak weeks in March.

I'm staying right by the greenway trail, so running won't be an issue. Are there facilities (YMCA's?) that do day passes for a pool? Does anyone know a bike shop that will rent road bikes?

Any local triathletes that can share insight? It would be much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boise? [IronScholar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weather should be great that time of year, especially for running.

Check out TriTown (www.tritownboise.com) for help with the bike stuff. Antonio will help you out or point you in the right direction for what you need.

You can buy a day pass at the YMCA, which is right off downtown, but you'll be dealing with a busy pool and lots of kids. Depends on if you will have a car or not, but you might want to check out Axiom gym, that's where I go and it's a nicer pool and 99% of the time I have my own lane. Their pools aren't regulation length, but close enough, and you don't feel like you're swimming in a washing machine. I don't know if they have day passes (never had to try myself), but worth looking into. Also, check out BSU's pool, they might do day passes as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second tritownboise. The West Y, or Boise Aquatics Center is bigger than the downtown Y, but both have daily rates. The foothills are much more interesting to run, IMO. Camel’s Back Park is a good place to start on that end of town.
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boise? [BozoneCat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's such great information. Thank you so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Training in Boise? [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh fantastic. I will check all of these out. The aquatic center looks gorgeous!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure where you're coming from but March can still be a little cold for outdoor rides. Might look at Axiom or Crunch for day passes in case you can't run/ride outside.
Quote Reply