Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Training Peaks New Beta
Quote | Reply
Anyone else test driving this? LOVING IT!!

D

Team Every Man Jack

http://www.teamemj.com
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [dmounts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love how you can now scroll through your calendar view and really glad they ditched Flash.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't find out how to select equipment for an activity, had to switch back to the other version.

Other than that, pretty slick!

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joelcox wrote:
Love how you can now scroll through your calendar view and really glad they ditched Flash.

X2. Best feature so far.

My eyes are adjusting to the colors. Need to figure out how to change those.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue here. I think the new layout is pretty sweet.

Quote | Reply
If you have any questions about the new TP beta let me know :)

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [ttocsmi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Couldn't find out how to select equipment for an activity, had to switch back to the other version.

Some features are yet to be ported over, this being one of them.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using it for about a month now and love it, I can't even quantify just how much better it is than the old version!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the calendar jump ahead a month for you every time you switch from the dashboard back to the calendar? It's doing that to me and driving me crazy. I do like being able to scroll through the calendar though.

Overall, I think I'm going to like it better but right now there are a lot of things missing and little things I don't like such as it showing the planned distance of the workout at the top rather than the title of the workout (plus I'd rather see planned time if I have to see something other than the title) so I'll probably be spending most of my time in the old version for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [Supersquid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will stick to the last location within the calendar for me. Do you have any workouts planned in the future (at the position the calendar is at when you return from the dashboard?)

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought a surface because I gave up on TP ditching flash... Guess I should have been more patient.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, I don't. What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked: my calendar indeed jumps to February after visiting the dashboard. Seems to work fine in both Safari and Chrome.

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like it so far, only had it for today.

I do have two workings that are yellow though. Everything else is green or grey....strange.

But saying it's better than the older version is an understatement.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [cornick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yellow seems to be if your completed workout time is close to the planned time but not quite. ie. I had a planned 1 hour workout that I only did 45 mins of - that's yellow. Another that was planned for 30 and I did 42, also yellow. Anything I missed or did very little of is red. Green is completed, grey is upcoming.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to change the colors, you can do that under settings>calendar layout>calendar items. It's the colorized workouts. You have three options to choose from. This is in the current version. I'm not sure if the settings are the same in the beta version or not.

I've had the beta version for a while now. They obviously still have some work to do, but once they get this fully developed I think it's going to be a big step forward.

I'm looking forward to getting WKO4. I'm hoping WKO4 is an extension of the online version, whereas now it feels like a completely different program that uploads or downloads to TP. I'd love it if they sync so the data is always the same. I'm coaching so making sure the data is the same online and in WKO can be a challenge sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried it on my work computer here and it wouldn't load. We only have IE8 and I haven't been upgraded to Windows 8 yet. I'm still on Windows XP SP3.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Last edited by: motoguy128: Dec 11, 13 6:40
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
ttocsmi wrote:

Most features are still missing. Massively underwhlemed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the colors threw me off at first too. I have always had mine colored by workout type rather completion compliance. In beta currently it appears to be by compliance and that can't be changed. I seem to remember reading that green is completed within 20% of the time (or distance?) goal, yellow is outside of that range but still completed, and red is not completed. Grey is also completed workouts that were not planned.

Overall it is a huge improvement. Over the last few months I had found myself using Trainingpeaks as little as possible simply because it was such a headache, going to Garmin Connect or Strava for quicker workout analysis and only using TP for the more detailed stuff. Now I am fully using TP again. There are some features that are obviously still missing from the beta such as the equipment selection, but most of the important stuff is there and working well.

The only odd thing that I have experienced that I haven't been able to figure out is that some workouts are randomly being made public, even though all of my default settings are not public. It is not doing it for every workout and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to workout type, how I uploaded it, which computer I used, etc. I think there is a possibility that it might be a firefox vs chrome issue regarding which browser I used to first view the workout, but I'm still trying to figure out a firm reason for it. I just noticed it yesterday and it is the first thing I have encountered though that I might actually report to them. Has anyone else experienced this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im guessing BETA is only for those who are paying/athletes edition
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbuike wrote:
ttocsmi wrote:

Yeah that is my only complaint with the new version so far as well. I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just opened it up to everyone. You can find it at http://app.trainingpeaks.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like it a lot. I just started using TP for about a month now and the current interface makes me feel like I've traveled back into the 90's era of the internet. the new beta version seems much more visual friendly and will probably end up being much easier to navigate around in and view the data you want more clearly.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Peaks New Beta [Clempson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clempson wrote:
I really like it a lot. I just started using TP for about a month now and the current interface makes me feel like I've traveled back into the 90's era of the internet. the new beta version seems much more visual friendly and will probably end up being much easier to navigate around in and view the data you want more clearly.

its crippled, the only reason you like it is that you haven't really been using TP

One dashboard? thats all?
No food
No equipment
Quote Reply

Prev Next