Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Camp - Essential Requirements?
Quote | Reply
It is the off season here in Australia, and a few of my friends and I are keen to organise some winter cycling training camps to do something a bit different and give us all some variety. We have the accommodation sorted, and a number of potential rides available to us (good mix of flat rides and big climbs up in the Victorian High Country).

But to get the most out of our four days, and as this is the first time we are going to attempt this, I would love to hear some suggestions as to how to maximise benefit and enjoyment for all. We have the benefit of a long weekend, and with a day of annual leave we have four days put aside.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Camp - Essential Requirements? [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oz Tri Guy,

Which rides are you talking about? Im moving to Melbourne in early June and need to know where the good rides are. Are there any good Melbourne based Tri clubs? Are there any race series that run year round?
Quote Reply
Melbourne Cycling/Triathlon [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

99% of Melbourne cyclists and triathletes use a stretch of road along Port Philip Bay called Beach Road. There are hundreds of riders up and down Beach Road of a Saturday and Sunday morning, either getting out by themselves or meeting up with organised bunches. The regular ride seems to be from Port Melbourne to Black Roack or Mordialloc or Frankston, which can be anything from a 50km return trip to 100km+ depending on how long you want to go.

Many of the Cycling Clubs and Tri Clubs have organised rides, and there are also road races, crits etc throughout the winter which help to keep us fit. There are no tri's over winter, so the best we are able to do if compete in any number of fun runs, cross country meetings, crit's or road races that are organised most weekends.

The best websites to visit to understand more are:

http://www.trivic.org.au

http://www.triathlon.org.au/

See you out on the road - bring your gloves and booties...
Quote Reply
Re: Melbourne Cycling/Triathlon [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply