Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

TrainingPeaks data from Jan Frodeno
Quote | Reply
Be warned, this is geeky stuff for data and training nerds.
Jan Frodeno, who I'm a huge fan of btw, is VERY low profile about training, data, watts etc. There is nothing out there what he's doing and how he's training, as with most pros apart from Bluumenfelt, Wurf and the likes. There is this video from Specialized about his training day but this can be total bs as well.

Anyhow, youtube was recommending me this german video from an insurance company which sponsors Frodeno where he's making a video series. There were some brief images where he's sitting on TP and I guess it's legit according to the data that can be seen.

Maybe some of you guys find it interesting as well. Video can be found here (german): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h80XGy8yt8Y

Things I noticed:

* His fitness is 172 which means a lot of TSS, as expected. Same for fatigue. Even though both must have been higher recently according to fitness ramp rate.
* According to the last 365 days trend he had a season break or something. Maybe he just wasn't uploading. Or both.
* Hard to see but looks like a lot of "easy" mileage, as expected from a pro
* He still had a pretty cut up face so must have been a week or two after his riding accident, so about end of June 2018. Which would correlate to his recent fitness ramp rate going down. Still he went on to impressively win IM Frankfurt
* I'm a nerd and a fanboy. Frodeno GOAT

Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks data from Jan Frodeno [cmart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "break" you're referring to—could it be his stress fracture? (I don't follow him as closely as some others, but I think that's why he didn't race Kona).

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: TrainingPeaks data from Jan Frodeno [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
The "break" you're referring to—could it be his stress fracture? (I don't follow him as closely as some others, but I think that's why he didn't race Kona).

Guess not, the stress fracture must have been a few months later
Quote Reply