Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it recommended it at 328, which is crazy. Maybe I'll lower it down to like 275 or something. My screen name is motoxxx on trainerroad.com.

http://www.trainerroad.com/cycling/rides/12940
Last edited by: motoxxx: Jan 7, 12 19:32
Quote Reply
Post deleted by motoxxx [ In reply to ]
Re: Trainer road.com [motoxxx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using VirtualPower or a power meter?

Can you link me to your test?

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:

I'm using the virtualpower. I have a KK Rock and Roll trainer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
motoxxx wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

Ah, I see what's up. You're using a depreciated power curve. I forgot where we got that one for the Rock n Roll but we need to just remove it. All of the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainers have the same curve. You can choose Kurt Kinetic Rock n Roll v2 for the power source.

The good news is we can get your FTP from this workout. I'm going to create a ticket for you and assign it to Reid. He's got an excel spreadsheet to run the workout under a different curve. That way we'll get you on the correct power curve and get you a good FTP.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
motoxxx wrote:
Nate Pearson wrote:

Ah, I see what's up. You're using a depreciated power curve. I forgot where we got that one for the Rock n Roll but we need to just remove it. All of the Kurt Kinetic fluid trainers have the same curve. You can choose Kurt Kinetic Rock n Roll v2 for the power source.

The good news is we can get your FTP from this workout. I'm going to create a ticket for you and assign it to Reid. He's got an excel spreadsheet to run the workout under a different curve. That way we'll get you on the correct power curve and get you a good FTP.

Nate you are the man! I worked my ass off trying to push on this test, so it would be nice to know without having to do it again. LOL I appreciate it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
As soon as we can control the PowerBeam Pro it's going to be a very very attractive choice. Probably a more attractive choice than the computrainer (less wires, lower cost, good company).

The PowerBeam Pro looks pretty good. It certainly seems easier to set up and more portable than the CT since there aren't any wires.

The CT hardware however is very reliable. I have 3 of them and one is 17 years old (it outlived several of my bikes!) and is just as accurate a 1 year old Lab I have and a used Pro I recently picked up (as measured against my Quarq). The only thing I ever had to replace was a DIN cable that my wife stepped on and broke the connector.

As far as price goes, if you buy new, the PowerBeam is of course cheaper. If you are patient and shop around, you can get lucky and pick up a CT real cheap. I just picked up my 3rd Pro for $150 at a garage sale. I have heared of some folks getting just the stand and pro load generator for $50. Add in the extra parts that you need and it's still under $600.

At the end of the day though the best trainer is the one that you actually use and that is where you come in. Any new updates on the CT beta?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice customer service!

----------------------
TriAnotherDay.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been on TR for 6 weeks, 4 of which have been focused on FTP and above.

Retested my FTP today. 200W to 265W. ~30% improvement.

Thanks, guys!

2014: 40k TT focus

Race reports at http://tripikapp.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow Patrick!

What's your next race? You're putting those big calves of yours to good use!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [packetloss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's close, we've had some successful workouts on the mac side. If everything works out well it we'll release something this weekend. If not, it will be two weekends.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait so does that mean I will be able to hook my CT up to a mac with trainerroad????
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meuf wrote:
wait so does that mean I will be able to hook my CT up to a mac with trainerroad????

Yes!! I did it on Sunday, my wife did it Monday :). Works great!

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
meuf wrote:

Yes!! I did it on Sunday, my wife did it Monday :). Works great!

Nate, sounds awesome. Will the beta be open to all CT users to help test it or only a select few? I'm a new CT owner eager to give your product a try.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [alexaqui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be open to all of our paying members. We have a good amount that already own CTs.

Once that's done, it will be part of the regular payment model.

If you wanted to try it early, you could sign up and do the beta. We have a 30 day refund policy so if you don't like the integration you could get a refund.

We won't have a free version for the beta though. It's kind of a "Dragons be here" beta for current members who want a cutting edge release.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dones TR control the CT resistance or just output power on the computer?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Controls the resistance.

We have two modes. Erg and Slope. Erg is the default, and in this mode it dictates the resistance to the CT. F2 lets you switch between ERG and Slope.

The arrow keys let you change the difficulty of the ride or the slope on the fly. I plan on writing a blog post about it soon.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Controls the resistance.

We have two modes. Erg and Slope. Erg is the default, and in this mode it dictates the resistance to the CT. F2 lets you switch between ERG and Slope.

The arrow keys let you change the difficulty of the ride or the slope on the fly. I plan on writing a blog post about it soon.

Nate is it the normal tr download to work with the CT? I signed up last night and dl'd this morning, but don't see any way to interact with my computrainer with the software I downloaded... :/
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ryazwinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We haven't released computrainer support yet. It will be either this weekend or next weekend.

If you were expecting computrainer support when you signed up, go to https://www.trainerroad.com/...ation/cancel-account and get a refund. Then, when we release it, sign up again.

You could wait until we get all the bugs our or try the beta version. That way you don't have to pay for it if you aren't using it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
You could wait until we get all the bugs our or try the beta version. That way you don't have to pay for it if you aren't using it.

I don't mind paying to beta - gimme da stuph! :) lol rick-at-internalmonoblog.com
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ryazwinski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Soon! Working on it right this second. Hopefully I'll get it done by Sat/Sunday

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did my first workout - bought A Very Dark Place - and I'm blown away. Not to be a cynic, but I just didn't expect your product to be so amazing at such an early stage. I am tweeting and face booking and evangelizing trainerroad to everyone who will listen. Seriously bro, it is a game changer.

Two questions:

A.) is there a way to get true full screen on a Mac? Couldn't seem to figure it out.

B.) is multiplayer in the pipeline? Did the workout with my brother, it would be rad to see both power outputs.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [smugfit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smugfit wrote:
I just did my first workout - bought A Very Dark Place - and I'm blown away. Not to be a cynic, but I just didn't expect your product to be so amazing at such an early stage. I am tweeting and face booking and evangelizing trainerroad to everyone who will listen. Seriously bro, it is a game changer.

Two questions:

A.) is there a way to get true full screen on a Mac? Couldn't seem to figure it out.

B.) is multiplayer in the pipeline? Did the workout with my brother, it would be rad to see both power outputs.

Awesome! You just made my night :).

1) No full screen on mac right now, but I know what you're talking about. When you click maximize right now it goes "full screen" but doesn't cover the dock. I think I can get around this though. I'll check it out.

2) Multiplayer is after CT and PowerBeamPro, so soon! It's a big feature and will be a phased release, but we want online training and racing with remote viewing. I'll let your brain think about all the cool things we could do with that ;).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so if I sign up, can I use it both with my CT and with my rollers and garmin? ie I already have a cheap windows machine for the CT but could imagine using this also with my rollers (and likely mac laptop as I will need to put rollers in hallway so I don't kill myself ) does signing up mean I can use your software on both computers???
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use Trainerroad on a PC and MAC. But I'm not sure if it estimates power from rollers.
Quote Reply

Prev Next