Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer
Quote | Reply
Looking at old posts- overwhelming! Getting back into biking after long hiatus.Had old Racermate wind trainer. My basic question: should I get direct drive or wheel trainer? I used to hate wear/ tear on tires.I don’t have a power meter, only used on gym bikes/ friends ‘ computrainers.

So, any /all comments appreciated. Probable goals:Multisport events incl sprint or Olympic , a few short TT’s.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer [ret123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Snap , I should have got a direct drive. Too much pissing around with wheel on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ret123 wrote:
Looking at old posts- overwhelming! Getting back into biking after long hiatus.Had old Racermate wind trainer. My basic question: should I get direct drive or wheel trainer? I used to hate wear/ tear on tires.I don’t have a power meter, only used on gym bikes/ friends ‘ computrainers.

So, any /all comments appreciated. Probable goals:Multisport events incl sprint or Olympic , a few short TT’s.
Thanks!

I had a Kurt Kinetic road machine for years, and recently upgraded to an Elite Direto direct drive trainer. The difference is amazing. Paired with Zwift, I push myself far harder on the Direto than I ever did using the Kinetic wheel on trainer. Training sessions go by far faster now as well. Having Zwift control the resistance of the Direto is amazing...gradient goes up, so does the resistance. I look forward to trainer sessions now.

Quote | Reply
I'm using a cyclops fluid 2, but if I ever need to replace it I'll likely wind up with direct drive (and a set of rollers)

Edit. I should add that I have enough spare parts lying around to build a dedicated trainer bike (sans brakes and rear wheel.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 20, 18 6:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have cyclops magnus smart trainer, upgraded from fluid 2.

I HATE taking off, putting on wheels. I'd much rather sit my bike on with wheel and lock it on, unlock to head outside. Quick and painless and less chance of jacking up the chain.

I keep the same tire year round/on trainer/outside and just change them out when needed. I have found that the trainer does not eat them up too bad.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from a Computrainer to a Tacx Neo. I love the direct drive of the Neo versus the wheel-on of the CT. It is actually easier for me to remove the wheel and seat the bike on the NEO that it is setting the bike up on the CT. I also love that the Neo does not need day to day calibration. It's good to go right out of the box and tracks great with power from my Quarq D-Zero. Works with all of the big software players (Trainer Road, Zwift, PerfPro) and the real video courses on the Tacx Destop App are fabulous!
Quote Reply