Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight
Quote | Reply
Looking for a wheel on light weight bike trainer. We have had the same one since 2016 and it is failing. Elite something or other.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smart trainer or dumb trainer?

A significant proportion of the trainer's weight are in the frame and flywheel. These are associated with the the durability of the unit and ride feel. So, if you are interested in a unit that will outlast your prior unit, then light weight could work against you. Ditto the ride feel of a light flywheel.

The 4iiii Fliiiight is feather light. It might be a fit if you do not need higher wattage performance.

The Elite Tuo has a low mass flywheel, so that might work.

If you are looking for a dumb trainer, then the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine is the no-brainer choice. That one feels like butter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Smart trainer or dumb trainer?

A significant proportion of the trainer's weight are in the frame and flywheel. These are associated with the the durability of the unit and ride feel. So, if you are interested in a unit that will outlast your prior unit, then light weight could work against you. Ditto the ride feel of a light flywheel.

The 4iiii Fliiiight is feather light. It might be a fit if you do not need higher wattage performance.

The Elite Tuo has a low mass flywheel, so that might work.

If you are looking for a dumb trainer, then the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine is the no-brainer choice. That one feels like butter.

Is the 4iiii Fliiiight actually available? It's been listed as Out of Stock for months on their web site.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
exxxviii wrote:
Is the 4iiii Fliiiight actually available? It's been listed as Out of Stock for months on their web site.
That will likely be true for many indoor trainer products that have had limited to no availability inventory since Covid.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a dumb trainer. We have power meters in the cranks and the pedals respectively.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Feedback Omnium
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:
Feedback Omnium

https://www.feedbacksports.com/...um-portable-trainer/

have you used it before? how is it with hard efforts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
RKW wrote:
Feedback Omnium

It holds just fine up to 450-500w or so...

I use it as a warm-up trainer for races. I have a Neo 2T for doing workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer: Wheel on, Light Weight [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
RKW wrote:
Feedback Omnium

It holds just fine up to 450-500w or so...

I use it as a warm-up trainer for races. I have a Neo 2T for doing workouts.

Okay, thanks! I do intervals at that power level sometimes. It was nice to see that I don't have to clamp in the rear mechs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the trainer as well. I sometimes do sprint intervals on it and it hold up well even into the 1000+ Watts range. I max out at over 1400 watts on the road for my sprints and I think I was able to hit 1100 as long as I keep the rear wheel down.
Quote Reply