Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tracking Yoga in TrainingPeaks?
Quote | Reply
So the lady asked me last night if she should be logging her Yoga in to TrainingPeaks. I immediately dismissed it, but the more I thought about it the more unsure I am. I track my weightlifting and program those workouts along with SBR in TrainingPeaks and I started thinking that this is not too dissimilar than weights.

So all of you smart Slowtwtichers...should she log yoga or not?
Quote Reply
Re: Tracking Yoga in TrainingPeaks? [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was using TP to manage and monitor my training, I would log my yoga and Pilates. Typically I just stuck in 10 points for a 40 minute session, more as a placeholder than anything. I have no idea how many TSS it should earn, but 10 sort of felt about right.
Quote Reply
Re: Tracking Yoga in TrainingPeaks? [Misery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply. I think I am leaning toward telling her to track it. I had her wear a heart rate monitor this morning and her hrTSS for an hour was about 30 for her hot yoga advanced class so I think I will just tell her to throw it on the calendar (she is doing it 5 days a week) and track it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After talking with my coach, I record anything 'purposeful and extra' that's about 15 minutes or longer (yoga, stretching, walk) and upload it to TP. I wear a Vivoactive 3 as a daily watch/activity tracker, so it's easy enough for me to grab the data and send to TP.

I don't know how much it really affects my TSS, but I feel it lets him know how well I'm taking care of myself.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: Tracking Yoga in TrainingPeaks? [N+1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tracked mine when I was doing yoga.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I do Yoga 15 every day through Sufferfest. It automatically loads to TP. There are a larg number of 15 minute Yoga sessions on Sufferfest. Maybe 1/3 are restorative Yoga, 1/3 form and 1/3 posture/strength. At first I thought it’s just stretching but it’s not. It’s a part of the day of work.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply