Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tower 26 or Lessons? [ksb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. For now 3/week for about 60 mins is all I can swing. I don't want to completely stop running/biking which is part of the reason it's hard to get more pool time. I like the idea of seeing the T26 workouts so I can at least try them out every now and then.
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 or Lessons? [TXAgeGrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll echo what everyone else is saying....3x/week or every other day will likely just maintain---even with private lessons. You need some back-to-back-to-back (2-3 days in a row) sequences in order to make gains.

Its also hard to make gains in the water, while still training heavily on the run+bike. The fatigue from heavy run/bike training carries over to the swim and inhibits progress. I get where you are coming from, though. In season, I'm a 6x/week (40mpw) runner, 3x (100mpw) cyclist, and a 3x (9Kyds) swimmer. But, I just started a swim focus. So, running is down to 4x and maybe 20mpw. Swim is up to 5x and 12+Kyds. Bike 1x just to remember what a bike seat feels like.

I did this last year and dropped 12s/100scy over 10 weeks.

Its hard to let the bike/run go, I know. But, as long as you do just a little B+R...it will still be there when you come out the other side of the focus. Food for thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 or Lessons? [ksb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some thoughts....
I have had the opportunity to train with some really good masters groups. I also travel a lot, and have dropped in on dozens of masters groups around the country to see the variety of them. I am also a slower swimmer (adult onset swimmer, older, female and small). A good coach will adjust the workouts for you and your speed, not just leave you hanging, only getting half of the posted workout in, or making you do the adjustments on your own. Swimming with other people in a good masters program is great and motivating!

I am in a situation now, where I can't train regularly with my masters group, so have been doing T26 workouts for about a year. I find it to be the next-best-thing to having a coach on deck. I encourage you to listen to podcasts 1-10, to see if you like what you hear, and as suggested, try some of their workouts.
Quote Reply
Re: Tower 26 or Lessons? [TXAgeGrouper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to the LS thread T26 is a bad decision. You will have to many chefs in the kitchen. You should pick one coach too coach you for all 3 disciplines. Don’t have two coaches. 🤣😜

IMO T26 is incredible and does wonders for athletes they fully commit to the program.
Quote Reply

Prev Next