Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Tour of Sufferlandria 2013
Quote | Reply
Starting this Saturday! Who's in? I'll be there.....or at least on my trainer in my basement suffering in this imaginary world!!!

Tour Schedule

Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [drluke12] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I highly doubt I will make this entire thing but I am going to give it a shot either way!
    -Shane
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'll be doing it, although not using the TrainerRoad aspect of it.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [Shane_W] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    im in but not sure ill make it past monday I have a 10k race sunday morning too haha
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [Exige] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Exige wrote:
    im in but not sure ill make it past monday I have a 10k race sunday morning too haha

Well, you only need to have one workout done by then on Saturday. It will get you warmed up!! By the looks of this, the completion rate may be pretty low! It certainly won't be easy...essentially doing 9 days in a row of essentially interval based training on the bike.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Tour of Sufferlandia is our "go-to" ride during our Serotta indoor lunchtime rides. So, we will join you.

But, on weekends, even if it is 20deg, we love to get outside and suffer some cold conditions and hard riding.

Loving the Sufferlandia series!

life's short. ride hard.
    bill
    mobile: 404-242-5966
    rustylion54@gmail.com
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in for the tour, Let the suffering begin.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Also in for the tour. Will need to start 2 days late, so will need to double up a few days to finish on time. I fully intend to catch up by the end, though.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [frankis] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    i'm in, believe i'm gonna have to put my swimming on hold for 9 days.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in and I'll suffer through it no matter how much it hurts!!!

Michael Hebert
    Hebertmike.com
    Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
    I support: Team RWB
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I've signed up.. we'll see how it goes. I've done all of the Sufferfest rides on TR, but 3 days in a row is my PR so far. Cool sounding challenge, at least.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in.
    Who using trainer road plans to keep effort at 100% is the question ???
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [rmg] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    My Computrainer will be keeping me honest…
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in - Trainer Road and all

Man, this is going to hurt
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in, got trainerroad just for this, and now I'm addicted to it! Hope i make it to the end, the prizes are sweet!
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I and the rest of my cycling team are doing it together. Should be painful fun!

Quote | Reply
    In, but starting early due to travel for CX worlds in Lousiville
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in, as well as my husband. I've also "converted" a few riders and they are doing the Tour as well! Should be good training for my 7 stage, 800km ride later this year!
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Do you use these with your computrainer? Or were you saying you use your CT instead? If so the former, how does that work? (forgive me, if this is a dumb question.. I own a CT, but have not seen these videos before). They look to be tailored for basic indoor trainers to spice that up....not work with a CT? But maybe I'm missing something.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [JBell] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Check Trainer Road.com!

The computrainer is control by their software so the only thing u need to do is watch the video and pedal!!!

I'm in for the tour as well!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [camaleon] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    THIS

The power is 'dialed in' as a % of FTP, so you're in for a tough ride for any of the Sufferfest course profiles as long as the FTP figure entered isn't sandbagged -- all are high to very high intensity factors (IF) according to the TR ratings. The video itself isn't even mandatory -- I just see the course profile w/the target power for each interval w/the actual readings
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [cyfac06] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I'm in.

Just need to sign up for TR now...

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
    Chimps in Training!
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    We're signed up, but sadly TrainerRoad won't accommodate our 3 CompuTrainers at once. We'll be riding to PerfPRO Studio, which suppports multiple trainers (more than 2) and integrates the Sufferfest videos as well. Love Sufferfest videos, so let the carnage begin!

We'll be riding two sessions each day so the whole team can participate. As a bonus, we're taking donations for Boys & Girls Clubs and Virgin Islands Triathlon Federation. Helping kids....
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    I am in. Will bookend with long runs of 12 or more and double with swims and runs.........Should kill me
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tour of Sufferlandria 2013 [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Livetotri wrote:
    ...Just need to sign up for TR now...

Help the uninitiated here. Got my full pack of Sufferfest videos. Check. Got my Kurt Kenetic Road Machine. Check. Got my Garmin 910xt and HRM. Check. Got my hand me down LCD Flat Screen and 5.1. Check. Fans, pain cave. Check, Check. Got my Garmin Connect, Strava, and MapmyRide account. Check. Check.

Do I need a TR account to fully experience the full on suffering tour?? This isn't a tour run by the sufferest folks, but by TR? Cost? Another account?

:-)
    Quote Reply

Prev Next